quatorze

Elaine pulled her hands into her sleeves, rubbing her cold nose as they boarded the plane.

"Nervous?" Isaac whispered, her nod just barely noticable as they made it down the aisle. "You'll be fine."

Isaac sat in the window seat, followed by Elaine in the middle, and Mason next to the aisle. It only took a few minutes for them to get settled in, Elaine pulling her knees to her chest and closing her eyes.

"Here." Isaac mumbled, making her look up at him. He held out his earbuds, the girl giving him a small smile and taking them carefully.

"Thanks." Elaine whispered, tucking a stray hair that had fallen out of her ponytail behind her ear. She was unaware of the way Mason was watching them, his eyes darting between his little sister's smile and the look on Isaac's face.

The same look he gave her.

[FLASHBACK #2]

She had always amazed him. Whether it was the way her dimples got deeper each time she laughed, or when she kicked his ass at board games, never being able to keep the smile off his face when she danced around and teased him.

"Mason, stop!" She shrieked, jumping away from him and darting behind a tree. He just laughed, aiming the hose towards her again and hearing another yelp come from her lips.

"Surrender and I will." Mason countered, waiting for a reply. She came out from behind the tree with her hands in the air, her dark hair plastered to her face as she walked out in defeat.

"Fine." She sighed, a pout on her lips. "I forfeit."

"Reasonable choice."

"Shake on it?" She asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing her fingers behind her back. "C'mon, I don't bite Mase."

He gave in, switching the hose to his other hand and holding the free one out to accept her own.

She grinned and shook it, catching him off guard when she twisted his wrist and ripped the hose away from him.

"Gotcha." She yelled triumphantly, not giving him a second to answer before squeezing the nozzle and sending a harsh stream of water towards him.

"Hey!" He tried to block the water, laughing as he became more and more soaked by the minute. Mason leaped forward and wrapped his arms around her waist, hoisting the thin girl over her shoulder.

"Let me go!" She squealed, pounding her fists on his back and squirming around. He couldn't halt his laughter as she set her down, tripping during the process.

She landed on her back with a solid "oomph", Mason falling clumsily on top of her. He thought she would complain or yell at him, just she just kept laughing, and it was contagious.

Her laughter slowed, soon dismissing into a breathless giggle as her eyes searched his face. Mason thought to himself, 'This is it. This is my chance before I leave for my studies'.

He craned his neck forward, only to pull away as a shrill voice interrupted them.

"Allison Argent!" Victoria fumed, the two breaking apart. "We are leaving for the airport and you are soaked!"

"Sorry, mom." Allison turned a bright red, Mason standing up and backing away. "I'll borrow some of Elaine's clothes."

"Make it fast." She ordered, crossing her arms and going inside.

"Sorry about that." Mason chuckled, holding out his hand to help her out. "It's kinda my fault you're soaked."

"It's fine." She laughed, squeezing the water out of her hair. "Needed a little fun before I leave for Beacon."

"Promise you'll still visit every summer?"

"You'll be at University." Allison reminded him, shaking her head. "Even if I visit you'll be too busy to see me."

"I'll make time if you do." Mason gave her a wide smile, the girl rolling her eyes.

"Goodbye, Mase." She whispered, standing on her toes and leaving a light kiss on his cheek before jogging back towards the house. "Elaine! You better say goodbye!"

Little did he know, that would be the last time he would ever see Allison Argent.

___________________________________________

Not edited

WHOOP

Let's be real, y'all knew it was Allison.

Vote and Comment ❤

Xx