quinze

"This is a bad idea, isn't it?" Elaine whispered, chewing on her thumbnail as they stepped out of the airport. "I'm terrified."

"They just think you're visiting with me." Isaac soothed, looking down at her. "They don't know about Allison, or your gift."

"So, who's this kid that's supposed to pick us up?" Mason cut into their conversation, shifting his bag to his other hand.

"He should be right-"

"Hey, Isaac!" Isaac's face fell, the boy immediately recognizing the voice. "Scott couldn't come because of Liam, so he sent me."

Elaine bit down on her tongue and dug her nails into her palm, Isaac being able to hear her heart beat quicken.

"Hey, Elaine right? Oh, wait-" Stiles paused, furrowing his eyebrows and thinking you himself. "Bon-jour? Yeah. Bonjour."

"She can speak English." Mason rolled his eyes, surprising Stiles.

"Oh, well cool. I'm Stiles." He stuck his hand out, only to have Elaine stare at it.

"She doesn't do handshakes." Isaac explained, carefully steering her away without actually touching her.

"Is that a French thing?" He asked, looking up at the brother next to him.

"Imbécile." Mason muttered, turning away from him to watch Isaac and his sister.

"Calm down." Isaac murmured, looking down at her as she hyperventilated in front of him. "Hey, Elaine look at me."

Elaine looked up, trying to steady her breathing as he locked eyes with her. He nodded slowly, the girl following his actions as she took a deep breath.

"Okay." She swallowed, shaking out her hands. "I'm okay."

"You sure?" He kept his voice low, aware of the people watching them. She paused for a moment before shaking her head, letting out a nervous laugh. "Here."

Isaac reached into his pocket and pulled out his key chain, his fingers fumbling to remove a flat piece of metal. He finally got it undone, holding it out for her.

Elaine cupped her hands in front of her, Isaac dropping the object into her hands. It was a dog tag, but the words were hard to read.

"They used to say Camden Lahey, but I rubbed them out." He explained, shoving his hands in his pockets. She could see now, small dip where his thumb had pressed there countless times. "I used to rub it when I got nervous. It got me through my hardest times, and I hope it'll get you through yours."

"Isaac, I-I can't." She shook her head, trying to find her words. "This is too important to you, what if I lose it or something?"

"Then you lose it." Isaac shrugged, a small smile on his lips. "But it'll have helped you."

"Isaac-"

"C'mon, we have to leave." He nodded his head towards where her brother and Stiles were waiting, not even giving her a second to argue before walking back to them.

Elaine took a deep and followed him, unconsciously rubbing her thumb against the smoothed metal. Stiles and Mason looked at her expectantly, Elaine smiling lightly at them.

"Hello, Stiles." She greeted, throwing him off slightly. "And next time, don't be so hard on the j."

Isaac watched Elaine, a strange sense of pride filling him as her laugh floated in the air at something Stiles had said.

She caught his gaze, the girl biting down on her lip and looking away, unaware of the light blush that spread across her cheeks.

__________________________________________

Not edited

No gif bc I don't have time to add it rn oops

AND YES ELAINE IS IN BEACON LET'S GO

I have things planned ;;;))))

Is there anything you want to see while Elaine is in Beacon Hills?

Vote and Comment ❤

Xx