Chapter 6: Friends and Surprises

Chapter 6 yay! :) hope you guys enjoy! guess who in the pic ;)

She looked up at him, still packing her bags. "sure but i was kinda expecting to go sit with my friends." He grinned. "we can all sit together, what are you friend's names?" he asked handing her a book that fell onto the floor. "Ethan and Rebbecca." she answered. A frantic look crossed his face suddenly but quickly disappeared. "Ethan who? Rebbecca who?" he asked. "Ethan Kuran and Rebbecca Moon...." no sooner were the words out, Darren took hold of her by her arms.

"Ashleigh, i don't think you should stay with them, they aren't who you think they are." he said with a worried look on his face. "what do you mean?" she asked confused, "i don't know you either." He rolled his eyes and said, "not that! Don't you know?" he asked. "Know what?" she said, "why do i feel like i'm missing something big here!" He frowned, "Just promise me you'll be careful around them, never be alone in a place with them." he said holding her tight in place. "Fine!" she said slightly upset and 100% confused. "Good." he said letting her arms go.

She rubbed at them, geez! that dude has a tight grip! she picked up her classroom bag and went out. He caught up with her, "Come on, break is at the courtyard. We need to hurry if we want to get a table. " She looked at him, "no need, Ethan is very fast and would've gotten a table already for us." Darren took hold of her arm and pulled her to a halt. "Ashleigh, Ethan won't be there." she looked at him like he was crazy, "why? is he scared of the sun and other kids?" she joked. "Well partly...." he said, "i'm not lying, he and Rebbecca won't be there." She was tired of people not telling her things, so she pulled her arm out of his grip and carried on walking.

He ran after her, "You don't believe me do you?" he asked. She didn't turn to look at him, "no i believe you but not your words." He took her arm again, this time he pulled her so fast that she went slap bang into his chest. She looked up annoyed. "let me be the first to say OW!!!" He smirked. "If you don't believe my words, then look for them all you want, they won't be there." she frowned and pushed him away. "Fine! Lets just get there and get something to eat!"

**

They got to the courtyard to find that all the tables were taken. Darren watched her while she darted through the tables, looking for Ethan and Rebbecca, but alas, no matter how for long and how much she tried to find them, they were nowhere to be seen. She gave up after 10 minutes and sat in the shade of a giant oak tree in the middle of the vast courtyard. Darren came up to her and sat down next to her, "might i be the first to say I Told you so." She looked up at him, "i guess you were right." "yup, i darn right am!" They sat in silence for a while, she silently listened to the noisy, full of life courtyard whilst Darren whistled softly, looking at the branches of the tree.

She finally opened her mouth to speak, "why are you still here? after the way i responded to what you said." she said looking at her hands. He smirked at her, "Hey, i told you already. I see you as a pal, not some total stranger." he leaned back against the tree. She looked up at him, "still i don't deserve your friendship." He laughs, "neither does the Scumbug Janitor, but i don't care." She couldn't help laughing. "hey be right back." and raced to the tuck shop.

**

She came back with a big hot dog and sat down. "hey where's mine?" he asked jokingly. She smiled, "oh i know! it's on the Tuckshop's counter!" He rolled his eyes smiling. "Hey lemme take a bite!" he said leaning forward. "Not gonna happen." she said shifting away from him. He laughed and took hold of her. She kicked him away laughing. "Owww! that hurt so much! you're so mean Ashleigh!" he said wearing a pouting expression whilst laughing. He reached out to grab her again, but she was on her feet and running away.

She runs down the hall, laughing. He runs as fast as can and slowly catches up to her. "watch out little Missy! I'm gonna get ya!!!" she laughs and shouts back, "in your dreams!" he grabbed her when she was rounding a corner and took the hot dog! "I win!!" he shouted laughing. She growled and then noticed his wallet peeping out of his pocket and a despicable idea came to her mind. "don't be so sure mister!" she laughed. She took his wallet and ran down the hall and top speed and she disappeared before he could catch up.

She ran to her dorm and was surprised to see her dorm's door wide open. She quietly creeped up to the door and peeped inside, relieved to find a girl sitting on the bed, playing on her laptop. "hey Natasha" she said. Natasha had gold brown hair that was wavy and bright gold-brown eyes. She looked over her shoulder and smiled when she saw Natasha. "hey Ash, what's up?" Ashleigh walked into the room and plonked herself down onto her bed. "nothing much" she said trying to catch her breath. "what's wrong? It looks like you ran a marathon." she said smiling. "well something like that!" Ashleigh laughed.

She rolled onto her side and sat up, looking at Ashleigh. "so what's up? How was maths class?" she asked. Ashleigh looked at the clock, 3:00pm. "it was fun...ish....." she said smiling. "and what's that?" She asked pointing at the wallet in Ashleigh's hand. She realised that she had been holding on to it ever since she got there and let it fall onto the bed. "oh let's just say i'm having a financial crisis" she laughed. "oh really?" she said folding her arms across her chest. Ashleigh laughed and said "yeah."

Natasha raised an eyebrow and suddenly remembered something. She got up and went towards the two desks, one belonged to Ashleigh and one belonged to herself. "hey Ashleigh, while you were having a 'financial crisis', I received a little package addressed especially to you. " she said rummaging through her desk drawer. "a package for me?" she asked surprised. "yeah " she said taking out a brown paper package. "who is it from?" she asked. "I don't know, " she said walking towards Ashleigh, "I never opened it as it was for you."

Ashleigh took the package from Natasha. It was quite heavy and the package looked really old......She carefully and gently emptied the contents onto the bed. An old envelope and a rectangular box fell out. It was wrapped in silver and had a bow on it. "To Ashleigh" was written on the old envelope. "wonder what's inside..." Ashleigh said and she opened the envelope, it read: ....

now i wonderwhat the letter says and what's inside /:) can anyone guess? stay tuned for next chapter 7 

Guess who's in the pic? Pretty obvious right? :)