Chapter 16: Luminous Lavender

heya! chapter 16 is here! hope you guys enjoy ;) 

Still Ashleigh's P.O.V: 

I must have zoned out for quite a long while because Natasha splashed me with a cup of water. She knew better than to splash me with juice. I blinked and saw Natasha waving a big brown thing in front of my face. "KYYA!" I screamed jumping up. She laughed and threw the thing at me, it flew smack bang against my nose! "KYYYAAAAAA!" i screamed again...yes..i was tired...and when i'm tired...even a bad hair do would scare me...well more than it ussually does... anyways I darted away from that thing and squinted at it from a safe distance.

"What the-!" i picked it up and glared at Natasha. "NATASHA? Really? A rubber cockcroach? " She was laughing her head off. I glared at her and walked up to her and dropped the cockcroach down her shirt. 'oops! my hand slipped!  " She jumped around trying to get it out whilst i laughed my head off. When i finished my laughin frenzy, i noticed all eyes were on me and Natasha.I realised that we were still in the cafeteria, that was full of people. 

"ehehe..." i managed an awkward laugh... Natasha had come back to the table without the cockcroach, she must have thrown it in the bin.... I took her by the wrist and lead her out of the cafeteria, away from the thousand of beady eyes that were staring at us.... 

"Whew!" i said when we got to a 'alley' down the hall where we could chat quietly. I leaned on the wall and slid to the floor. "That was a close one!" Natasha rolled her eyes. "why do you get so gggzzzzt up everytime you hear something like night class?" I looked at her.. "oh it's nothing...just ...er...a feeling?" I didn't sound very confident and i was worried that she wouldn't buy it...but she did.

"hey who did you hear all of this from?" i asked as she slid onto the ground next to me. "oh..some students who were stalking.." she said it like it was totally normal. I made a star in the dusty floor. "Stalking?" She laughed and said, "oh lets just say as it is quite rare to see the night class besides on...like party nights, assemblies and all those other special activities, some students like to sneak out to the Moon and Star dorms hoping to get to see some of the night class. I nodded, "So they actually sneak out of the dorms?" i asked. She nodded, making a moon in the dust. "yeah, for some reason some of them who go...don't always come back." I felt a shiver run down my spine. "w-why is that?" She seemed slightly freaked out too.. "well it's sai-"

Suddenly we heard something loud crash to the floor...then there was silence...then....

"KYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Both me and Natasha turned to where the sound came from. We both shot up and ran towards where that scream sounded. As we ran out of the 'alley' we were talking in, I nearly tripped over a pile of books and a broken vase...that must have been what crashed... Another scream tore through the air. It seemed really close by. We raced down the corridor, the scream getting louder and louder by the minute. As we got closer, i could here shouts. One voice..a girls... "No! LET ME GO! Don't come any closer you monster!!!!!" We raced round the corner, as we did, i collided with Natasha and we both hit the wall. whoever was there must have heard us because by the time we got to our feet....everything was quiet...not a peep of sound. I looked around the corner for any signs of life. Natasha stayed still looking around. My eyes caught sight of something shiny that lay on the ground...i knelt down and picked it up. "What is it?" Natasha asked walking up to me. 

In the palm of my hand, lay a beautiful brooch. It was made out of precious stones. The stones, ruby and emeralds the most, were put in a pattern to look like beautiful jewelled rose. It was gilt with gold and silver and surrounded with crystals. I couldn't tear my eyes away from it. "It's gorgeous! " i said. "And its probably cursed!" Natasha said. "Whoever it belonged to could have been attacked or been attacking!" I looked at the glittering thing. "Nah! couldn't be!" I dropped it into my pocket. "Lets go report what happened to Mrs Midnight!" Natasha nodded. "lets!"