Chapter 8: Memories i wish i didn't have

chapter 8! this is gonna be a sad chapter so get your boxes of tissues ready! lol! but then again, it ain't very sad. =} and this is super super long....i think...

Ashleigh's P.O.V:

I sat there, my head whirling. mom? dad? So this letter is actually from my mom and dad?! but....they died like 10 years ago! Gah!! I was zoned out for like 10 whole minutes and Natasha must have noticed something was wrong because when i came to my senses, I saw her waving a hand in front of my face. A worried look glued to her face. 

"yo Ashleigh? Ashleigh?" she repeated again and again. "Earth to Ashleigh? Come in Ashleigh!!!" I just stared at her face...i guess i was still sort of zoned out...that is until she chucked a glass of water in my face! I shook my head wildly and blinked at her. "what was that for!" A shivered as the cold water ran down my chest and back. "Oh i don't know... staring into space for like forever?" she replied raising an eyebrow at me. "Sorry...." i muttered embarrassed. "Come on let's get you changed and then you tell me why you suddenly decided that the wall was so interesting that you'd stare at it for like forever." She took hold of my arm and pulled me to the bathroom. 

I was taking off my soaking wet top when there was a BANG! at the door. "Hey Ashleigh! You in there?! I want my wallet back! now!" a laughing voice called from outside. My head whipped round to look at the door, the lock was unlocked! Natasha came into the room from the bathroom, wide eyed. "who was that?" she asked. Oh darn! i'm here practically half dressed and there's a boy outside who's threatening to come in! "Hey open this door already! i know you're in there!" Natasha turned to the door, "come in, its unlocked!" I ran to the door and slammed in shut. "no! don't come in!" and i hissed to Natasha "Are you crazy? there's a boy out there and I'm half dressed and you want to let him in?!" Natasha blushed. "Oops sorry!" 

Natasha held the door close as Darren banged on it from outside. I looked around, panicking. My clothes were wet and Natasha hadn't taken them to get blown dry and i had nothing to wear! My eyes darted around the room. "I'm coming in 10! 9!...." he sounds just like Amy! OMG! I thought i could finally get away from her and now i've got a boy version of her to deal with! Gah!! I spotted my pajamas, the only thing i could wear!! I rushed to the bed and pulled them on..." 3! 2! 1! I'm coming in!" he sent the door flying open just as i buttoned the last button. 

When he saw me in my pajamas, he burst out laughing! grrrr! I folded my arms across my chess. "What's so funny?!" He laughed and waved a hand at my entire body. "that!" he said between laughs. My , or should i say the Pajamas mom recommended i wear, were pink and white and decorated with hearts, flowers and teddy bears. I looked like a bouquet on Valentines day! And the pink colour totally clashed with the blue background. I rolled my eyes and picked up his wallet, throwing it at his face and hitting him square in the head. "Score!" i shouted as he tumbled backwards out the door. 

Natasha laughed and sat down on the bed and read through the letter. "so are you going to tell me about them?" she asked. Darren came in rubbing his head. "tell her what?" I looked from Natasha to Darren. "first things first, Darren meet Natasha, Natasha meet Darren." she said. "Hi" Darren said flashing a smile. Natasha smiled back. "hi, so Ashleigh, you seem a bite worried about your...mom and dad..." I frowned a bite at this. "let's just say i haven't seen them for about 10 years and i never will.." Darren patted her on her fluffy pink back. "Tell us about them Ash, it'll make you feel better." I sighed and sat down on the bed, "here it goes..." 

10 years ago... 29th October 2002

It was early Spring, but there still was snow lining the ground on frosty mornings. My mom liked to make popcorn in the morning so i usually I woke up to the sound of my mother popping popcorn in the kitchen below. She'd usually say something like "Breakfast is ready! come eat before we eat it all up!" or "Stella is coming in for breakfast and she's eating it fast!" Stella was my, believe it or not, pet silver wolf. I was given her as a 3rd birthday gift from Aunt Cathy, she said she got her on her trip to the Outskirts, what she was doing there...i don't really know.. I named her after the Latin words Stella which meant 'star'.