1.2 Trouble

CHAPTER TWO

The sand slid right through her fingers, she was looking for anything to hold onto to find her escape. She used all her toes to dig into the sand and pushing her body out of the crashed pod. The cloudless blue sky was endless, so was the sand. She pushed herself off the ground and looked at the damage.

"3PO? R2?" Ellia called out, calling out to her two droid companions.

"In here Madame Ellia," 3-PO's voice called out from the escape pod. His bronze body was working its way out of the crashed pod.

Ellia walked over to him, her feet sinking into the sand. She reached down gripping his arms and pulling with all her might. She fell from the force, landing in the sand.

"Why thank you, Madame," 3PO said as he brushed himself free of sand.

"Where is R2?" As soon as Ellia said that, the R2's periscope peaked from the sand. "There he is."

R2 ascended from the sand and to the surface.

"Is everyone okay?" Ellia asked looking around, first at the droids and to the scenery around them. Ir was nothing but sky and sand, and she knew this place like the back of her hand.

"We better get going we don't want to get caught in any sand storm or have a run-in with Tusken Raiders," Ellia said, motioning them forward.

"How did I get into this mess?" 3-PO questioned, "I really don't know how. We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life."

R2 answered him with an assortment of beeps and whistles.

"I've got to rest before I fall apart. My joints are almost frozen," 3-PO said.

"We have to go on," Ellia said, "We have to find someone to help us and we need to help Leia. Who knows what has happened to her."

R2 answered her with more beeps and began to go a different way, a way where Ellia knew nobody lived.

"Where are you going?" Ellia questioned the droid.

"Well I'm not going that way," 3-PO said to both Ellia and R2, "It's far too rocky. This way is much easier."

"That way is the wrong way 3-PO," Ellia told him, "Civilization is this way," she pointed to a different direction than the two droids were going.

R2 responded with the regular beeps and whistles.

"Don't get technical with me," 3-PO said, "Or with Madame."

R2 gave more whistles and beeps.

"What mission? What are you talking about?" 3-PO questioned.

Ellia had almost forgotten about the message to Obi-Wan Kenobi on the droid but that wasn't the way.

"You'll be malfunctioning within a day, you nearsighted scrap pile!" 3-PO sad giving the little droid a kick. Ellia stood and watched it all go down. She knew the droid would only go that way, and the only way to help Leia is in R2, it would need her full protection and surface.

"Maybe he's right," Ellia said walking up to R2, "He seems to know what he is talking about."

"Well don't let me catch you two following me begging for help because you won't get."

R2 repled with a rather rude sound and began to trail away, Ellia following, hoping she didn't get caught in anything.

••••

The ground was dry and the sound of crunching rocks came from Ellia feet. The sun was just setting casting shadows off of the rock formations causing an eerie feeling to fall over both R2 and Ellia.