1.11 Far From Victory

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Ellia changed from her clothes and put on fresh ones. She clipped her lightsaber onto her belt when she heard someone clear their throat from the doorway. She turned to see Luke standing in an orange pilot uniform and helmet under his arm.

"I see you have your lightsaber again," Luke commented.

Ellia nodded, "I'm tired of running from my fate. I don't suggest it."

Luke chuckled and looked down at his feet trying to find the correct words, "I'm going to pilot."

"I can tell," Ellia said, "You stick out like a sore thumb in that Skywalker."

Luke smirked, "Well...if I don't make it back, I just wanted to say goodbye and thank you for getting me off of Tatooine."

Ellia rolled her eyes, "You'll be fine. You need to be fine because we need to train."

"Train?" Luke questioned.

Ellia nodded, "You have a lot to learn. You want to be a Jedi don't you?"

Luke smiled, "Yes more than anything."

"Then it's set. You're my new padawan," Ellia smiled, "Wow. I never thought I would say those words."

"So your plan is to stay for good this time?" Luke asked.

"Yes," Ellia told him, "I want to resume peace in the galaxy. And I can't do it without you. Or Leia and Han."

"Han?" Luke asked, "He's leaving."

••••

"All flight trooper, man your stations," a man's voice said over the loudspeaker, "All flight troopers, man your stations."

Ellia followed Luke out to the hanger. She could tell that he was nervous but was trying his best to hide it.

"You'll be fine," Ellia ensured the boy with a smile, "And once you are done we can begin training."

Luke nodded and looked into Ellia's blue eyes. Ellia sighed, "I can tell that you're nervous you know."

"You can?" Luke asked.

Ellia embraced the boy into a hug. Over his shoulder, she spotted Han packing the Falcon up. "You'll do great," she said letting him go and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Luke blushed, "Thanks. And would you try to convince Han not to leave?"

"I'll try," Ellia said looking at him, "He's tough to work with."

"But not as tough as you are," Luke informed her, "He kisses the ground you walk on. He would do anything for you."

Ellia sighed and gave Luke a half smile, "I'll see you on the other side Skywalker."

She pushed her way through the crowd of orange jumpsuits and droids to get to Han. She stood behind Han as he deliberately ignored her and continued to pack the Falcon.

"So...you got your reward and you're leaving just like that?" Ellia asked him sadly.

"That's right, yeah. I got some old debts I've got to pay off with this stuff," Han said as he looked into her blue eyes, "Even if I didn't, you don't think I'd be fool enough to stick around here, do you?"

Ellia pursed her lips, "I think it would be mighty brave of you to stay. But now this shows me you are a coward. It should make my decision easier to make."

"What decision?" Han asked with raised eyebrows, curious of what the blonde was saying.

Ellia smirked, "Well I guess you'll never know."