1.4 Back to Back

CHAPTER FOUR

Luke's eyes fluttered open, above him a blurry figure stood over him, looking down. He couldn't tell who it was but could recognize her voice. It was Ellia. 

"Luke. Luke. Luke!" Ellia yelled, "Wake up Luke!"

Luke groaned, the blurriness from his eyes reducing, "Ellia?"

"Yeah, it's me," Ellia said, "I thought I killed you."

Luke thought for a moment, "Kill me? But...You attacked me!"

"I was against it Master Luke," C-3PO chimed in.

Luke sat up and looked around the room. He was lying on a small cot in the middle of a very cluttered room. "Where am I? How long have I been out?"

"I see that you are awake," Obi-Wan said as he walked into the house with R2 on his heels.

Luke studied the old man with white beard, "Ben? Ben Kenobi! Boy, am I glad to see you!"

Ellia rolled her eyes and plopped onto the couch looking at the bare sand colored wall. Everything on Tatooine seemed to be sand colored.

"Ellia filled me on the situation," Ben said, "Now tell me, about this droid."

"I think he's searching for his former master, but Ellia seems adamant on keeping him. I've never seen such devotion in a droid before there seems to be nothing stopping him. He claims to be the property of Obi-Wan Kenobi, which makes sense because Ellia is looking for one too," Luke said to Ben, "Is he a relative of yours? Do you know who he's talking about?"

Ben looked over at Ellia who was still making eye contact with the blank wall, "Obi-Wan Kenobi...Obi-Wan? That is not a name I've heard in a long time...a long time? How about you Ellia?"

"Nope never heard of him," Ellia muttered.

"I think my uncle knew him," Luke said, "He said he was dead."

"Oh, he's not dead," Ellia said, "Not dead yet," she said with a glare to Ben.

"I thought you said you never knew him!" Luke exclaimed, "You have been lying to me the entire time!"

Ben smiled at the feisty blonde, "She wants to hide from her past."

"So do you know who he is?"

"He is me of course! I haven't gone by that name Obi-Wan since...well since you were born," Ben said.

"Always made me call him by it though," Ellia mumbled.

Luke looked at the frowning girl and then back at Ben, "Wait, you two know each other?"

Ellia looked at Luke, "He was the one to raise me."

Ben sighed and looked at the girl, "Ellia Kenobi. I'm not her father of course but...,"

"But the closest thing that I have to one," Ellia said walking over to Ben.

••••

"My father didn't fight in the wars," Luke told Ben and Ellia, "He was a navigator on a spice freighter."

"That's what you uncle told you," Ben said to Luke, "He didn't believe in your father ideals. He thought he should have stayed here and not gotten involved."

"You fought in the Clone Wars?" Luke asked Ben.

Ben looked at Ellia, then to Luke, "Yes, I was once a Jedi knight. The same as your father."

Luke sighed, "I wish I had known him."

Ben looked straight at the wall as if he was in a different time. Ellia knew it upset him to talk about it, "He was the best star-pilot in the galaxy and a cunning warrior. I understand you have become a good pilot yourself. And he was a good friend...which reminds me," Ben stood up and began to rummage around in a trunk.