2.1 I Don't Need You

CHAPTER TWELVE

"I can't do it!" Ellia huffed throwing herself onto the sandy ground, "I will never be a good enough Jedi."

"Patience is the key Ellia. Once you practice you will become a very powerful Jedi," Obi-Wan said to the young girl.

She looked up at him with her bright blue eyes, "Was my father or mother a Jedi?"

Obi-Wan ran his hand through his sandy blonde hair before answering the girl. "Yes. Your father."

Ellia looked down at her lightsaber, "Why did he not want me?"

"Only he can answer that Ellia," Obi-Wan said.

"No, he can't. He's dead and we are the only ones left," Ellia said, "Why do I have to be a Jedi?"

"You know why Ellia," he told her bending down to her height, "You and others will bring peace to the galaxy again. Don't you want that?"

Ellia nodded, "Of course I do. I want to leave Tatooine, I hate it here."

"Hate is a strong feeling," Obi-Wan said.

Ellia rolled her eyes, "Okay Obi-Wan, I strongly dislike it."

He sighed taking a seat next to her, "Once it is time, I promise you can leave."

Ellia smiled, "When will it be time?"

"When I say it is," he replied.

Ellia looked down and picked the sand from under her fingernails, "Once we can leave, where will we go? I want to go on adventures with you. I want you to go on adventures again, like before the Republic fell. We can go to Alderaan, Naboo, Coruscant, and every other planet in the galaxy."

Obi-Wan chuckled heartily, "I can guarantee you this Ellia. Raising you has been my biggest adventure."

Ellia smiled and attacked Obi-Wan in a hug, "I love you."

Obi-Wan smiled and hugged the young girl back, "As do I Ellia, as do I."

••••

Ellia woke with a sigh and rolled onto her side looking at the bare wall that separated her and Leia's room to the hallway.

"What an adventure it is Obi-Wan," Ellia muttered.

It has been three years since he died and the battle of Yavin took place, yet Obi-Wan plagued her dreams just as much as the night of Order 66.

Ellia stayed with Luke, training him to become a Jedi. It just so happened he formally enlisted in the Alliance, causing the two to get stuck at Echo Base, which was located on a frozen tundra in the middle of nowhere.

Luckily for Ellia, she kept busy training Luke, who got decent in lightsaber battle but still had to work on the ways of the Force. When she wasn't training Luke, she was helping Leia and the other alliance members. As for Han, he came and went as he pleased, he never formally joined the Alliance, he only helped when it was needed.

Echo Base was a vast network of hallways and rooms, it was easy to get lost. The base was located under the icy frozen ground of Hoth and quickly became home to thousands of Rebel Alliance members.

"Where is Luke?" Ellia asked Han, her eyes flickering around the room looking for the blonde, "We have the training to do."

"Good morning to you too sweetheart," Han scoffed.

"I have no time for formalities," Ellia said, "I have a future generation of Jedi to train."

"You have one, that's Luke," Han mumbled.