1.6 Destruction

CHAPTER SIX

The group sat in the Millenium Falcon's hold, watching as Luke played around with the lightsaber blocking shots coming from a small floating ball. Ben stood watching him as Ellia stood on a stool beside Han. Chewbacca played a galactic form of chess with R2 as C-3PO guided the small droid through the game.

"So are you going to tell me why you are in so much trouble?" Han's deep voice asked Ellia.

Ellia looked at him quizzically, "Are you sure you can handle it, big boy?"

Han grinned, "I'm a smuggler, I'm sure I can handle it."

"Alright if you say so," Ellia smirked, "I'm part of the Rebellion. I work for the royal family on Alderaan, supporters of the Rebellion."

Han cocked an eyebrow, "And how did you make it to Tatooine?"

Ellia smirked, "I had to escape a ship that was on a secret mission with Princess Leia of Alderaan. I took the two droids, one which contained a secret message."

"And how did you meet those two," Han asked gesturing to Ben and Luke.

"Luke's aunt and uncle took me in and well...she came with me," Ellia said.

"And then the old man?" Han asked.

Ellia met his dark brown eyes gazing into her own blue ones, "He raised me. I was left to die when the Old Republic fell. He took me in and raised me."

"Why did you leave him?" Han asked, "Ben that is?"

"I didn't want the life he was providing me," Ellia sighed, "I know it might sound rude, but I couldn't do it. I contacted a friend from Alderaan who landed me a job with the royal family. I made my way up to the Rebellion. I'm glad I left, I made a life for myself, I made friends. My friend, Jax is there right now, he is Senator Organa's second in command basically."

Suddenly Ellia felt a sharp pain in her stomach and screams filled her ears. She grabbed onto Han's arm to balance herself as it felt as if she was being ripped apart but tried to ignore it. She looked up at Ben who by now taken a seat and clutched his chest.

"You felt it too, right?" Ellia asked Ben.

Ben nodded and stared straight ahead.

"What's wrong?" Han asked Ellia with a worried expression on his face. 

"Something horrible happened," Ellia muttered looking up at Han with teary eyes.

"A great disturbance in the Force," Ben spoke up, "As if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened." He rubbed his head and spoke to Luke not wanting to worry him, "You better get on with your exercises."

"Are you sure you are alright?" Han asked her.

Ellia nodded and continued to watch Luke. Han sighed, "Well on the bright side, I told you we would outrun those Imperial Cruisers." When no one spoke Han sighed, "Don't worry no one thank me at once."

"Thanks," Ellia muttered as she stood up and walked toward Luke.

"At this rate, we should reach Alderaan in oh-two-hundred hours," Han announced.

But he was ignored once more. Ellia walked up to Luke stopping his training, "You're doing it wrong," she said taking the blue lightsaber, "Make it a part of you." She swung the lightsaber a few times, guiding it through the air before handing it back, "You try now."

Han watched her amazed but was snapped back into reality by Chewbacca's roars. "Let him have it. It's not wise to upset a Wookie," Han told C-3PO and R2.