1.9 There Is No Escape

CHAPTER NINE

The group, after escaping the trash compactor, made their way down the hall. Ellia lead the way, with Han trailing behind her, "Wait," he said, "What are we doing next?"

"What  do you mean?" Ellia asked.

"Well we need an escape out," Han said causing Leia to scoff.

"Listen I don't know who you are or, where you came from," Leia said, "But for now one you do as I or Ellia tells you. Okay?" She pushed past the group and began to lead them through the hallway but, Chewbacca stepped in front of her.

Grabbing Ellia along with, Han sent Leia a dirty look and replied, "Look your worshipness, let's get one thing straight! I take orders from one person! Me!"

"It's a wonder that you're still alive," Leia said glaring at Chewie, "Will somebody get this walking carpet out of my way?"

Han looked back at Ellia and Luke, "No reward is worth this."

••••

Ellia, Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewbacca ran down the empty hall and stopped at the bay window looking over the hanger. Han gazed down at his most prized possession, the Millenium Falcon, "There she is," he said proudly.

"You came in that thing?" Leia asked tugging Ellia's arm, "You're braver than I thought. And what's up with that Han guy? Last time I checked you don't date scoundrels."

Ellia rolled her eyes, "I don't."

"Come on," Han said.

They quickly walked down the hallway, making their way to the transport that would take them to 3PO and R2. Ellia and Han had their blasters out, so they could shot at the first sign of trouble. As they rounded the corner both Ellia and Han were surprised to see about twenty troopers who were as equally surprised.

"It's them blast them!" a stormtrooper called out.

Before even thinking, Han and Ellia drew their blasters and shot into troopers, knocking one into the air. Chewie and Han ran down the hall, stepping over the trooper. "Get back to the ship!" Han called back to them.

"Where are you going? Come back!" Luke called after him.

Watching Han leave Leia commented, "He certainly has courage."

"What good will it do for us if he gets himself killed?" Ellia muttered, "Come on!"

The three of them ran the opposite way of Han to the ship.

••••

Before they could reach the hanger, they were met by more stormtroopers.  Luke and Ellia fired wildly into the crowd as they rushed down the narrow passage. They quickly reached the end of the hallway and ran through a small open hatch. They continued until Ellia realized the floor ended and fell into a deep abyss. Luke nearly lost his balance but, Ellia grabbed hold up his arm and pulled him back.

"I think we've taken a wrong turn," Ellia commented. Her words echoed through the empty passage. The blast of Stormtrooper's blaster could be heard down the hallway. Ellia kept shooting down the hall, trying her best to stop them. Meanwhile Luke found a panel on the wall. He flipped a switch and the door went down.

"There's no lock!" Leia exclaimed.

Ellia blasted the control panel, "That oughta hold them for awhile."

"Quick we got to get across," Leia said, "Find the control that extends the bridge."

"Oh," Ellia sighed, "I think  I blasted it."