1.3 You Remind Me

CHAPTER THREE

The morning slowly crept into the spare bedroom that Ellia was staying in, but that didn't wake her up.  Ellia never slept, her dreams plagued her with horrible memories. Instead, she tried desperately to make contact with Leia but failed miserably. She worried about her friend and what has come to her. She and prayed to the force that the evil Darth Vader did not capture her.

Ellia pulled on her high black boots and threw her hair in a simple braid. Her white pants and loose-fitting shirt were a pristine white, thanks much to Aunt Beru. They were kind people, and Ellia didn't blame them for a minute of wanting her out. If her theory was correct, she wouldn't want to be involved with the Rebellion or Empire either.

Ellia gathered her things and went outside to leave. She already made her plan of escape to get off the rock of a planet, she was hoping to find R2-D2 somewhere on the way (that's if he hadn't already made it to Obi-Wan), then she would get to civilization by midday, and hopefully, hitch a ride to Alderaan. Truthfully, she didn't feel the need for Obi-Wan Kenobi to come with, she felt confident that she could save Leia by herself without sorcery.

Ellia walked into the garage, her plan was to take C-3PO with her. She felt bad for taking the droid from the farm but promised herself once that she would return to Alderaan, she would send money so they can get the best quality. But the blonde's plan was cut short when she saw Luke in the garage, with his landspeeder and 3PO.

"What are you doing? Why are you awake?" Ellia questioned rather rudely to the boy.

"Good morning to you too," Luke huffed, "If you forgot the R2 unit ran away, I need or my uncle will kill me."

"Right," Ellia said, "Well I was just leaving and..."

"You want C-3PO?"

Ellia looked at the boy curiously, "How did you know?"

"Lucky guess," Luke frowned, "Listen, I know you need him, but I really can't loose two droids."

"I understand," Ellia said looking sadly at 3PO, "But I need R2, he has something very important."

"How 'bout, once I find him, you get what you need and then leave him with me," Luke suggested.

"How about once we find him," Ellia said, "I'm coming with. I could use a ride to the Cantina anyway."

Luke huffed, "What if I drop you off halfway?"

"What if I take both of the droids? Then tell Uncle Owen about the missing R2 unit?" Ellia raised her eyebrows.

Luke pursed his lips into a fine line thinking about a good comeback, "What if I turn you into the Empire?"

"Please do, I wanted," Ellia said, "Chances you and your family with be punished. And the Empire is ruthless."

Luke groaned, knowing what he had to do, "Fine, you get what you need and a ride to the Cantina."

Ellia grinned and stuck out her hand for Luke to shake, "Sounds like a plan to me."

Luke took her small hand in his and shook, "You have a deal Ellia...I don't know your last name."

"That's alright Skywalker," Ellia smirked, "You don't need to."

"Why are you so mean to me?" Luke mumbled.

Ellia's smirk stayed on her face, "Maybe because you remind me of a little brother."

••••

Ellia sat beside Luke as the landspeeder raced over the desert of Tatooine gracefully. It hovered off the ground, creating a small dust cloud behind them.