Fate or Chance

no one's pov

The pair had a very nice lunch, though Camila weren't too fond of the rock music that was playing in the bar.

"I do not like this music. Must all modern music be about people's behinds? It's so vulgar." Camila said as she finished the last bite of her salad.

Lauren raised an eyebrow and listened to a few bars of Baby Got Back by Sir Mix a lot that happened to be playing, before shrugging. "Sorry babe, it's all about asses these days, either looking them or getting them. "

Camila wasn't sure if Lauren was kidding her, but it certainly seemed like the modern music was all about things that one in her day, would never speak about in public. All this talk of sex openly, made her a bit uncomfortable. She liked sex, but it was something people didn't talk about.

Lauren got up from the table. "Come on let's go."

Camila got up and looked around, while some of the changes were a bit unsettling, Lauren felt a sense of pride that the Inn her father built was still running.

Outside, the pair took each other's hands Lauren suggested they take a walk and see the town. Camila knew she needed to reacquaint herself with the town so she agreed. She also loved being able to openly walk hand in hand with her female lover.

The pair walked around a little bit, mostly in a happy silence with Camila pointing out buildings she recognized. However at one point Lauren stopped on the side walk in front of a Belty Burger restaurant. A cheap MacDonald's rip off in the UK, Lauren threw caution to the wind and ate there when she first arrived in Britain. She found the food to be horribly greasy and it made her sick to her stomach. She hadn't been there since.

But at this point, Lauren stood in front of the Belty Burger and started to laugh.

Camila looked at Lauren rather puzzled. "What is so funny Lolo? It is just, what you called a fast food restaurant. I do not get your humour."

Lauren stopped laughing after a few seconds and turned to Camila. "When I first came here I ate that horrible food and got sick. I think I know why that place may be so horrible."

"Why?'

Lauren then pointed to a large rock that happened to be sitting in the grass between Belty burger and the shoe store next door. "That rock was there in 1869. I remember it. I remember it as it was about 20 yards away from the outhouse behind the cabin. Now the Belty burger is now about 20 yards away from the rock."

Camila's eyes opened wide. "You mean?"

"Yes, the Belty burger is built right were the old outhouse was and," Lauren then looked down at the ground sidewalk for a moment. "If my guess is correct, we are standing in what used to be my kitchen."

With a frown, Camila shook her heard. "I do not wish to have a Belty Burger."

Lauren urged Camila on. "Me neither."

As they were near the park which still existed, they took a long walk which Camila loved. The park was very much as she remembered it and it brought back very fond memories. At one point they found a nice grassy spot near the river and lay together, holding hands, looking at the clouds.

For both of them, it was a wonderful day spent with the woman they loved.

By the time they came back, it was nearing supper and Lauren suggested that Camila try something new. Up to this point, Lauren had only made things that used to be served in Camila's home.

"How about Chinese food from the Emperor's kitchen."

Camila suddenly gasped. "Food from China, from the kitchen of the Emperor in the Forbidden City no less. Such wonders. How does it get from China so quickly, by Jet plane?"