You have no idea

no one's pov

Christmas in Miami in 2016 and Christmas in the 1860s were two very different things and Camila was becoming very aware of it. So many new traditions, songs and of course to get used to but Camila was enjoying it.

Things had gone swimmingly well in the first few months of Camila and Lauren relationship. Lauren attended school and Camila took time to volunteer at the library's reading to children and slowly learning how to run the business. The manager whose name was Bryce, was very patient Camila and a very valuable help in helping her learn.

Camila changed very little, but one thing she did was to add to the menu the beef stew they used to serve in the old days. It was Camila mother's recipe and she happened to remember it. It soon became very popular.

Once the semester was done and winter break started, Lauren decided to take Camila home to meet her parents. They wanted to meet the mysterious English girl that had so quickly and completely captured their daughter's heart.

Lauren had told them the cover story that Camila had grown up on an isolated Island off of Scotland and was not around modern things. Lauren also said, Camila's parents and her little sister were dead.

So the hopped on the plane and Camila took her first plan ride. Camila was very nervous of course, but much to Lauren's amusement, she worried that Indians may attack the plane. Camila was still learning and did get things mixed up from time to time.

Lauren merely said, "Not likely."

They arrived in Miami 1 week before Christmas.

Camila was amazed by modern looking Miami and marveled at its huge size as the cab took them back to Lauren's parents home.

As they got into Lauren's neighbourhood, Lauren would point out things of interest to Camila.

"See that pink house; I egged that house no less than five times."

Looking horrified. "Why would you do that? Did its owner offend you?"

Lauren smirked. "No, I just hated the house. It's pink. I hate pink."

"I have pink dresses. You say they are pretty. Do you hate them?"

"No, you can wear pink. I make an exception in your case. I love pink on you and only you. Otherwise I hate it."

Lauren then perked up. "That brown house there; When I was 13, the boy who lived there that I went to school with, said I was a freak. I punched him in the stomach, right by that bush, for saying that. Good Times."

Lauren then pointed to a red house. "That house there, the girl there hated me and kept sticking her tongue out at me. So one day when she left her Barbie's outside, I beheaded them all." Lauren then smirked. "I still have all the heads, want to see them?"

"NO! Lauren, that was a horrid thing to do. Did you terrorize the entire neighbourhood?"

With a straight face. "As a matter of fact, I did."

Camila found Lauren and odd contradiction at times. While loving and very tender with her, the woman was frequently, rude and mean to others. She seemed to have very little patience for anyone that annoyed her. But Camila did feel she was having a positive effect on her. Now days she just glared at the people who annoyed her, instead of actually being cruel to them.

A few seconds later the car glided up in front of a large 2 story colonial house with Tan siding.

"It's a very nice house Lauren." Camila said as they got out of the car and made sure her yellow dress was presentable. Camila still loved wearing dresses and rarely wore anything else. Lauren had slowly gotten her to at least a semi modern style.