Chapter 12

We didn't realize that the movie we were watching was going to be so popular, so naturally the whole room was filled.

People were piling in and we had to find six seats. Melanie, my mom, Stephen, and Dillon went to find seats while Michael and I attempted to carry everything. Suddenly, some huge man bumped into me and I stumbled and basically dropped everything. Michael, however was half way down the room. He threw me a glare, which was extremely funny to me, and hurriedly walked to where I was. In between my rapid giggle spells, we picked up everything and hurried to our seats.

We finally settled down and watched the movie, which actually turned out really good. I think it was definitely worth dropping everything on the way to my seat.

>>><<<

We walked out of the showroom with all of our trash in hand. Melanie had found one of her other friends from a long time ago, and so she was busy restarting a friendship. Stephen and Dillon insisted on going to the game room after the movie, so my mom had asked me to take them. Michael tagged along.

After walking in circles for about 10 minutes, they finally decided on playing a basketball game where you try to shoot a bunch of baskets in a time limit.

"You're going down!" Stephen shouted at Dillon. "No way! I've got shots like Curry!" Dillon shouted back. "Well, my name is the same as Steph Curry's," Stephen replied. "So, it's pronounced different," Dillon said. "Guys, I'm pretty sure you guys are all talk," I stepped in and interrupted. "No way! Let's get this game started!" Dillon said, putting in his token. Stephen followed and they started.

They ended up in a tie, but didn't have anymore tokens, so they decided on doing a "surprise" tiebreaker, as they called it. We walked out of the theater. I was about to say bye to Michael when Stephen and Dillon pulled him over to the side of the theater. I was told to stay away by two ten-year old's so I just started walking to the car.

A few minutes later in my pursuit to the car of which Melanie and my mom were already in, I could hear running footsteps and laughter. "We both tied on the tiebreaker!" They both shouted almost in unison. Although, they seemed extremely happy and they both ran into the car and glued their eyes to the window.

I shrugged and continued on. Michael eventually caught up to me when I was about two feet away from the car. "Cas," he said, before handing me his keys to hold on too. "What are you doing?" I asked, confused. "Just listen," I could feel eyes watching from the car.
I began letting my eyes wonder my surroundings as if they were interesting.

I then heard music start playing from the car. "Hey pretty baby with the black flats on," I turned around to face an instantly different Michael. "You give me fever like I've never, ever known." I was so confused. "Michael, what are you do-" "You're just a product of loveliness. I love the groove of your walk, your talk, your dress." Michael was singing in the middle of a parking lot, I was completely dazed, mainly by his actually amazing voice. There were people staring now. It was all very weird.

"The way you make me feel! You really turn me on! You knock me off of my feet! My lonely days are gone!" Michael sang. By now, there was a small crowd of people gathering. They were clapping along. I, however, was still in shock.

Now in I guess is the middle of the song, he does the 'total' unexpected and begins dancing. Now the crowd is very enthused as also I'm practically staring with my jaw on the floor. How could the shy boy who moved here about what? Two weeks ago, be this amazing?!

After his performance, he created a pretty good sized crowd which clapped afterward. He gave a small wave and a nod of his head. The crowd then started thinning. I heard the car doors open. My mom looked extremely proud, Stephen and Dillon looked as if they'd just set foot on the moon, and Melanie was with me, jaw on the floor.

Michael laughed when he saw my expression and pulled me into a hug. I was still so mesmerized by his voice and his dancing abilities; it was all so awesome. I hugged him back and whispered to him that his performance was amazing.

After pulling away, I gave back his keys and we said goodbye until Monday. I walked back to the car with my mom and Melanie. I looked out the window to see Michael giving fist bumps to both Stephen and Dillon who still had the same look on their faces.

I don't even care if that was meant to be embarrassing, because it was far from it. We drove home, more delighted than ever. It had been a great Saturday.

Couldn't say the same for Sunday, however.