Chapter 20

"Michael, don't come over, I'll call you back in a minute," I said, hanging up. My car windows weren't tinted, but it was dark enough from the rain outside to cover me so he didn't know I was in there.

Slamming his door, he got out of his truck and angrily stomped up to the front door. He turned his key in the door and swung it open with a bang. He went inside, slamming the door behind him.

I really did not want to go inside, knowing he was in there. I gradually stumbled out of my car and ran to the back door, where I could hopefully sneak in. I creaked open the door slowly and was welcomed by a string of cursing and loud voices.

I stepped inside the house and looked around the kitchen corner before stepping out. The voices were in the living room.

"You B****! Absolutely nothing you do is right! Divorce me all you want! It'll never happen because you're scared and a w****."

"Honey, please calm down-"

"Don't call me honey. I've got other people in my life now who deserve to use that title way more than you."

"Rick! Please stop! You're going to scare Stephen."

"I don't care about you anymore. All I'm here for is your hospitality. I don't care about you, or anything in this house." I heard a huge boom in the living room; probably something being flipped over.

I couldn't take anymore. I stepped into the living room, stupidly, and not even knowing what my plan was.

My mom saw me and told me to go back outside. "No, I'm tired of having that thing treat you like this." I said, trying to find my courage.

"Listen here, I don't know what your problem is, but you need to leave. If you don't care about us anymore, then why don't you just leave? Sounds like you've got other slaves in your life, just take it out on them."

"Cas! Please don't, just go outside." My mom said to me, but my mind kept on its own destructive path.

"No. I like that I'm bringing this out in her." My dad said, giving an evil smirk. "You're going to turn out just like your mom if you keep this up."

"Yeah, I'll turn out like a beautiful, smart, high-powered woman. Unlike you, a lowlife, disgusting, fool of a human being."

"You think you're so smart with your words, don't you?" He said, disturbingly smirking again.

"I know I am," I responded.

A knock at the door broke the tension. "Who the h*** is that?" My dad asked, walking over to the door. "No! Let me answer it," I yelled, but it was too late.

"Oh, Cassandria! This must be that boy you told me about," my dad yelled over his shoulder.

"Well, boy, you've gotten yourself into some situation, haven't you?" My dad said to him, softly.
>>><<<
A/N: OML THIS BISH RICK IS GETTING ON MY NERVES REAL QUICK. THIS IS MY ONLY A/N OK BYE.