Chapter 23

The next morning, I was aloud to go home. I felt a whole lot better, but I had to stay home from school for about a week.

Thankfully, Melanie brought me all the papers I needed and I was able to catch up before going back to school.

The day that I went back to school just so happened to be the day we presented our semester projects. It was also the day before Winter Break.

I dressed nicely, as everyone in that class were supposed too. I wore a nice casual dress with flats. I straightened my hair and pulled back my bangs.

                                 >>><<<

The assembly took place at 10:00am that day. The entire school was involved, along with whoever's parents who came to watch them present (My mom was among that crowd). I wasn't extremely nervous, knowing that Michael and I reviewed our notes at least 60 times. Melanie, however, was pacing back and forth. "How in the world am I supposed to stand in front of a thousand people and talk about Human Anatomy?!" She said, while pacing. I giggled. "You know your stuff, Melanie! Plus, your lover over there seems pretty excited. He'll help you," I teased, walking back to Michael. She sighed, but giggled.

>>><<<

It was finally time to start presenting. The presentations went by topics alphabetically. I'd go before Melanie.

After 'Diseases and Conditions' went, it was our turn. Before going out on the stage, Michael hugged me. "Thank you for being an amazing partner," he said, smiling. I smiled back, "No, thank you for saving me."

We walked out onto the stage. I began the presentation.

>>><<<

"...and this is the study of Genetics." After finishing the last sentence, our presentation was welcomed with much applause and a few standing ovations from teachers and parents. We bowed, and went back to our seats at the side of the stage.

"That was amazing, Cas!" Melanie said, standing. "Good luck, Melanie, you two will do amazing!" She took a deep breath, and followed Nate up the stairs.

>>><<<

Her presentation was ended with a lot of applause. She walked off the stage, looking extremely relieved.

After the last presentation, our teacher, Mr. Brooks, walked up to the podium. "Thank you all for watching these presentations. I'm so very proud of these students and I hope you are too." He said, motioning towards us.

"Now, I would like to give the award for the most excelled pair's presentation. This presentations fits all requirements and excels way over expectations. I'm so proud of what these two have overcome just in this first semester, whether it be school-related or in life itself. This award, for this year, goes to Cassandria Delgate and Michael Jackson." He finishes, smiling over at us. I was in complete shock, but I stood with Michael and walked the stairs.

He handed us the certificates and shook our hands. He whispered to us, "You both are very amazing students, congratulations." We thanked him and went off stage.

>>><<<

After the assembly, I was greeted by two proud mothers and a father. One mother, of course being mine, and then Michael's parents. "You guys did amazing!" My mom said, hugging me. "I agree!" Michael's mother said, hugging me after my mom. I could tell they were starting to become good friends. Even Joseph confronted me after the commotion died down. "I found out about you after that one day you were over at our house." He said, in a serious tone. I tensed, but relaxed after I saw he was wearing his work jacket. I smiled and he said, "Good job on the presentation."

After we met up with our families, Michael pulled me off to the side. "What?" I asked, softly. "I don't want you to relive that day a week ago, but do you remember what I said?" He asked, looking down at the floor. I smiled and said, "Of course, you said I love her." "You know I meant it, right?" He responded, still being shy. "Yes, I know." I started getting antsy as well, but I knew there'd never be a better time than now just to stay it. "Michael, I love you, too."

He looked up finally and smiled. I smiled back and then we began laughing. "Let's go meet up with everyone," I said, walking towards the gym doors, hand in his.