Epilogue

"I can't believe it's our last day of college." I said, straightening my cap. I looked in the mirror to see Michael behind me, doing the same. "I'm so proud of you, everything you've overcome in the past years, and we've made it," he said, hugging me from behind.

I didn't want any tears to fall but happy ones today. This was a day for celebrating, not missing.

I walked downstairs, followed by Michael, and we were welcomed by Melanie and Nate, still strong even after a few years. She smiled at me. My mom walked into the living room. "I'm so proud of all of you! Let's take pictures!" She said, grabbing her phone. I could tell she was trying to hold back her tears.

After posing for pictures, we left for graduation. We arrived a bit before it started.

I was welcomed by my college's headmaster. He presented me with a paper, full of words. "I want you to read this to everyone tonight. From what I've heard, you deserve it," he said, shaking my hand. I was confused, but after looking at the paper's writing, I realized it was the speech given since the beginning of the college. It was always given by the lone student who stood out from everyone; not in a noticeable way, but by their life story.

Michael and Nate sat in their rows. Melanie, being on the Student Council, was seated on the stage, as well as I. I was nervous, being that I still hadn't really gotten over my social fears, but I was determined.

"I'd would like to introduce Cassandria Delgate. She will be giving the annual speech given at every graduation ceremony," the principal said, welcoming me to the podium.

I read the speech as best as I could. At the end, it was rewarded with applause and cheers from other classmates. My eye caught Michael's, and he smiled at me.

The diploma ceremony began, and everyone began their walk across the stage. "Nate Bradley," the principal announced. Nate walked up the stairs and shook the principal's hand. Melanie looked very proud of her once furiously-annoying science partner, who just so happens to now be her fiancé.

"Michael Jackson," the principal announced. He walked up the stairs and shook his hand as well. I couldn't help but let a tear roll down my face. I smiled at Michael as he walked down the stairs again.

"Melanie Garretts." She walked up from her stage seat to the principal and shook his hand. She looked back at me and widely smiled. I smiled back, extremely happy.

"Cassandria Delgate." I stood from my seat and walked to the principal. I shook his hand and he said to me softly, "One of the best renditions of our annual speech in the history of our school." I smiled and thanked him, walking back to my seat.

                                 >>><<<

"I now wish to proceed in granting this class to our future. I hereby declare that this year's college senior class is now graduated!" We threw our hats and Melanie ran straight over to me and we began letting everything flow out. We hugged and cried, letting all of our worries, fears, nightmares, and all of our pains out.

We walked down the stairs after calming ourselves as much as possible. Michael ran to me and brought me into a hug as well. "I love you, Cas," he said in my ear. "I love you, too." I responded.

We met up with our parents outside and my mom brought me into a huge hug. "Cas, I'm so proud!" She said, letting some tears fall. "Ahh! I'm so proud of you two!!" Katherine said, hurrying over to me. She wrapped me in a hug. I smiled, once letting go of the embrace. I saw Stephen out of the corner of my eye, walking up to Michael.

"Hey man, thanks for saving Cas, and us," Stephen said, shaking his hand. "Not really sure why I've never formally thanked you until now." "Hey, no problem, you and your family are amazing," Michael responded. I smiled and walked up to Michael.

"Well, now what?" Nate asked, walking up to all of us, Melanie close behind. "We won, and now we continue on," Melanie said, happily. "Yes, happily ever after," Nate said, swinging Melanie around. I giggled at their finally OTP-like relationship. Michael put his forehead close to mine. "Thank you for always being there," I said, looking into his eyes. He smiled, "I love you so much, don't make me regret this." "Regret wh-" and I was cut off into a kiss. An amazing kiss, filled with many emotions of the past years. It felt like one of the last pieces needed in a puzzle.

After pulling away, we realized somehow the entirety of our family and friends that were there that day had watched the moment. My face being at an extreme heat, I turned the other way, and headed to our cars. Everyone followed.

Michael put his arm around my waist. The sun also had been starting to set. This seemed like the perfect ending to a chapter of my life.

The next page is only about to turn.
>>><<<
I seriously hope y'all liked this book!!!! I can't express my happiness for finally finishing a Fanfiction.
Thank you all so much for reading!!
❤️❤️