Quest for the bridge builder

Sorry I know I said that I was going to start the chūnin exams but I have to do this part first so it will tie into the story line.

"We have a mission with the kids," kakashi said as he sipped his coffee. He sat shirtless with black sweat pants at the table

"Really? Alright, we'll get ready after breakfast." Kanata said placing a bowl of oatmeal in front of kakashi. With a playful grin he pulled her back towards him making her fall in to his lap. Squeezing her to his chest, he nuzzled into her neck, kissing it gently. 
"I really love you," he said brushing her white hair aside to kiss her cheeks. She giggled at the familiar softness on her skin.

Kakashi groaned as he kissed her lips gently. Kanata shifted in his lap.

"Wait...we can't...we...have to...get ready..." She said trying to keep up with the kisses he was so willing to provide.
"Yes...we can," he mumbled wrapping his arms around her to stop any form of a gentle escape.
How long did they do this you many ask? Let's just say their breakfast got cold.

"Where have you two been! Your late for the mission briefing,"  the third hokage said as kakashi and Kanata joined their team.

"There was..." Kakashi stared
"Never mind, why do I even bother..." He mumbled

They took their place behind their team.

"I'm sending you and your team on an escort mission to the land of waves. You will be escorting Tazun the bridge builder . This is a c-rank mission. Please come in mr.tazuna"

In walked the heavy man named Tazuna.
"Your going to have these little Brats protect me!" He said soon seeing team seven.

"Yes, they will be your escorts along with kakashi and Kanata," the hokage said sitting and taking a large breath from his pipe, letting the smoke out slowly.

Tazuna grumbled to himself.
"Team seven you leave in a hour," the hokage said beckoning them to leave.

The walk was mostly peacful except for the children endless bickering.
Then something strange in their path caught her eye.
A puddle?
What was a puddle doing on the ground if there hadn't been a storm in weeks. Kakashi gave a side ways glance at Kanata. She understood clearly.

Suddenly two ninja jumped out of the puddle. Attacking, they cut kakashi in bits. The kids screamed but Kanata stayed calm.

One went for tazuna while the other went at Kanata. Sasuke was ready to take care of it. She was already preoccupied.
"ホイップ Hoippu (whip)" she yelled wrapping her chains around one throwing against a tree knocking him unconscious. Sakura screamed as the other ninja ran at her. Kakashi reappearing from the "dead" and struck the ninja. Kanata quickly wrapped her chains around them restraining them.

"Your alive!" Sakura yelled

"Didn't you see? His body turned to wood. He used a simple substitution jutsu." Kanata pointed to the splintered log. 

kakashi walked up to the struggling ninja.

"Really a puddle? That's pretty childish. Now, who sent you?" He said crossing his arms.

"We won't tell you!" The one said

"Really?" Kanata Growled in frustration tightened her grip on them. They wheezed uncomfortably.

"Ok! We were employed by Gatō." He said struggling "he paid us to kill the bridge builder." 

"Oh really? Well thank you for the information." Kakashi said raising his fist "sorry but this will hurt...a lot" he said knocking them both out.
Then kakashi and Kanata turned simultaneously on their heals to face Tazuna.

"You have killers after you. You knew,didn't you?" Kakashi said glaring at him "if so then this would be a higher ranked mission. But since you paid the village we're going to see this out. Kanata any words?"

"If any of the kids get hurt its your head." She said making a cutting motion with her chains near his neck.

With the new threat in mind the team moved carefully with unease. But little did they know that many battles were to come.

I know i know I changed my mind but it's important for the story. Hope it's ok.

Thanks for all the love and support

10:00 at night and still writing,

Sleepy firebird
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz