Zabuza

The air was misty. To misty to be natural. The team wasn't alone and they knew it. It had almost creeped up an them. One minute it was clear the next dense with mist.

"Formation," kakashi ordered pulling out a kunai. The team formed a protective circle around tazuna. Silence sat around them like a coat.
With a single break in the mist a huge sword swung at Kanata's shoulder. Chains blocking her body, she stopped the blade with a clang of metal. The force made she feet slid a few feet back.

"My my, there aren't many who can block my attacks," said the man at the other end of the sword. From the wrinkles in his mask she could tell he had a devilish smirk.

"Well you should be honored you met me. Of course, your name is in every bingo book in the land Zabuza." She said forcing him back with a push of her chains.

He gave a cackle, "Though I would love to play with you, I have a job to do," he disappearing into the mist leaving the area silent. Kanata stayed still trying to pick up any movement or burst of chakra.

"Tazuna behind you!" She yelled turning in time to see a blade swinging towards the old man. It was kakashi's turn to block, sparks flying from the rubbing metals. Kanata went to stab Zabuza in his unblocked side but wasn't quick enough. Raising his blade he blocked her. Taking advantage of the blades position Kanata wrapped her chains around it pulling it from his grasp. He jumped back, now unarmed.

The blade dangled in the grasp of two chains ready to strike. Though she knew she couldn't wield it properly, the farther away from zabuza the better.

"It's a bold move taking a blade from a swords man. And here I thought I would show mercy," he said running towards them but was stopped by kakashi. Each time Zabuza approached the team kakashi got in the way. But kakashi, after using multiple Jutsus and over using his sharingan, became tired.

"I don't have time for this!" Zabuza said creating a water prison around kakashi. With him trapped it was up to Kanata.

"Kids watch Tazuna," she said walking forward towards her waiting enemy.

"Now to get through you," racing forward Zabuza made hand signs, blades of water flew full speed towards her but non grazed a hair on her head. She realized they weren't directed at her but the team. Turning she got a small glance of them swiftly blocking the barrage.

Looking back was a huge mistake. The minute she took her eyes off of Zabuza he took his chance to strike. Running forward he Kicked her sharply in the stomach.b her chains let his blade free from their hold. He caught it in his hand and immediately gave a swing towards her bent form. Kanata jumped back but not without injury. His blade cut a deep gash in her side which immediately ran red with blood.

"Kanata!" Naruto yelled running towards her.

"Stay there!" She yelled weakly avoiding another attack. She held her side firmly as blood seeped from between her fingers to the ground. Her chains were limp behind her. A steady rain wet her skin.

"Done already? I was looking for more of a challenge," laughing Zabuza rested the blade on his shoulder.

"I'm far from done scum!" Kanata yelled spitting blood from her mouth. Taking a deep breath she slowly straitened her body releasing the last four chains from her back. Her hair began it change of color until it was fire red, her chains glowing with chakra.

She ran froward, hair whipping around her face. She Brought down her chains towards him. He dodged quickly as her chain obliterated the earth below them. He brought his blade down towards her only to have it slammed away by her links of metal. It clattered onto the dirt meters away. She was like a wild beast.
Unarmed he backed away from her enraged form, a feeling of dread over coming him.

"Die!" she said running froward  chains pointed for strike. But before she could reach him, two senbon needles flew towards them.
One sinking home under her hip and the other into Zabuzas neck, making him fall lifelessly to the ground.

Kanata fell hard to the ground and skidded to a stop. There she lay wincing in anguish, leg useless and numb. The water prison kakashi was held In disintegrated with zabuza's demise. He ran to her quickly kneeling down beside her. The team joined him, crowding around her bleeding form. Before they could tend to her another ninja joined them. He stood by Zabuzas body, a mask adorned by the mist symbol covered his face.

"I mean no harm leaf. I am here for Zabuza by order of the mist," he said kneeling down to pick up the huge body, "I apologize for harming your comrade. I was under strict order to give the final blow. I will leave now," he disappeared taking the body with him.

I've been taking a little bit to do these. I've had a ton of school work but no matter I'm still here.

Until next time,

Firebird