Dinner and dust

"You can put me down," A little irritation leaked from her voice as her legs dangled from the strong pair of arms that suspended her.

"Well, you can blearily walk and we need to get to the kitchen," he said as he walked steadily towards the kitchen.

Kanata huffed. She could have hobbled just fine but kakashi insisted that it would be better if he carried here.

"You know you love it," he said smirking through his mask. She raised her eyebrow almost In challenge of his remark. He raised his mirroring her look. They continued their glare match as they reached the kitchen. He sat down with Kanata on his lap.

"Arn't you going to put me in a chair?"

"No I think I'll keep you close instead," he said pulling her closer and wrapping his arms around her so his head lay on her heart. His hair tickled her chin making her giggle slightly. He smiled up at her before kissing and nuzzling into her neck. She laughed as his mask tickled her skin.

"Ahem..." A small cough alerted them to the new presence in the room. Tsunami stood with some vegetables in her arms.
"I see you two made it here In one piece," a small smirk stretched on her face as she began to thoroughly chopping an onion. Kanata changed a shade of red. The door slammed open
"Kanata sensei!" Naruto ran into the house at full speed. He arms out stretched to give her a full embrace almost knocking her from kakashi's lap. Were it not for his strong around her waist, she would have tumbled to the floor.

"We're so glad your better!"

"Well, not completely better but getting there," She smiled rubbing his head. He was dirty, covered in dirt and grey colored dust up to the knee. Sasuke and Sakura didn't look any better.

"What's all the dust?" Kanata asked.

Naruto began to answer but suddenly  the door swung open and in walked a little boy clad in overalls and a hat. The room fell in a awkward silence.

"Welcome home Inari. How was your day?" Tsunami asked setting bowls of steaming rice on the table. The boy just sat at the down, death starring the team in unblinking silence.

"I'll take that as and ok," she said setting the last of the dishes on the table. They gave a prayer and began to eat. Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke ate like they hadn't eaten in days.

"You all seem so hungry, work hard today?" Kanata asked placing a piece of fish in her mouth.

"Hard is an understatement! We were lifting cinder blocks all day. On top of that there was wet segment everywhere. I stepped in it twice!" Naruto moaned from his chair. Gripping his lower back he let out a moan.

"Judging by the dirt on my freshly swept floor I say your all due for a bath. I'll run water after dinner." Tsunami said looking at the dust trio. They laughed nervously under her gaze, sliding lower in their chairs.

"Well no matter, I'm very glad your helping my father. It's so nice to know he's protected," she said giving them a encouraging smiles.

"They can't protect him forever!" Inari said slamming his hands on table, "they'll come kill them just like they killed him! They shouldn't have come!"

With this Inari stormed from the room. A few moments later the slamming of a door could be heard.

"Who's the person Inari is talking about." Kanata asked

"It was a long time ago..." Tsunami began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my dear readers. I hope your ok if I skip the whole story. I'll be continuing soon. I know your bored but I promise the next chapters will be a little more action packed.

Love and kisses,

Firebird