Small moments.

"I am so very sorry. I know the pain of loosing someone you love," Kanata said as the group sat quietly after the story. A image of kushina and Minato flashed in her mind.

"Thank you," tsunami said blotting her eyes slightly, "anyway you must want to bath so I'll get the water ready." She said and left.
The group sat silently mulling over the information they had just received.

"Sakura why don't you bath first. Then the boys can go after." She said giving Sakura a small smile.
"As for me I think I'll head to bed. Kakashi could you carry me back?"

"No problem," he said placing his hand on the small of her back and under her legs. He effortlessly picked her up and bid Tazuna goodnight.

~~~~~~~~~~
"Thank you," Kanata said as kakashi  set her down on the rumpled sheets of the futon.
Her red hair spreading like a sea down her back. Only the tips had returned to their normal color. Kakashi sat down beside her, pulling down his mask to reveal a light hearted smile. His fingers ran gentle strokes through the scarlet strands.

Although she could have been happy to just be in the company of the man she loved, something still pressed at the back of her mind. She hadn't killed Zabuza. So what happened?

"Kakashi..." His fingers halted in their movement at the sound of his name, "he isn't dead, is he?"
Kanata's hair hid her eyes from view as kakashi sat still beside her. He gave a sigh.

"No he isn't. A tracker ninja injured both you and Zabuza but took Zabuza with him stating it was his mission. You and I both know that tracker ninjas don't move the bodies after they kill,"

A small sigh left her scowling lip.

"don't worry about it," kakashi said giving her face a gentle touch, "I think things will turn out."

"How can you be shore. I don't know how long I'll take to heal and we don't know when he could attack again. How am I going to protect the kids if I can't even walk? What if I can't protect them? What if...." She was silenced by a familiar pair of lips. Kakashi's hands sat gently on her own as he mulled her worries to silence. He pulled away staring directly at her in a manner that captivated her.

"You're alright. I know that when the time comes we'll all be ready. Okay?"

"But how can you be..." He dipped her down. One hand holding her head the other holding her waist. His lips stopped her's in their conquest for answers. This time the kiss was heavier. His lips left again leaving a small thread to connect them.

"Okay," He said giving a small smile.

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everybody,
I missed you and I'm sorry this chapter is short. Please leave comments and ideas because I LOVE hearing from you.

All the love I can possibly come up with,

Firebird ❤️