A little help never hurts

Kanata's feet made a lite padding sound as she continued her small training. She was currently leaning against the wall trying to make her leg walk properly. It could move but she couldn't put a lot of weight on it. The house was silent.

"Are you sure you'll be ok alone?" Kakashi said as he put on his sandals.
"Of course. Beside I'll feel better if the kids have you with them." She said laying her head on his lap. He smiled down at her touching the top of her cheeks bone. A rumble of chatter came from the kitchen.

"You should probably go," she said frowning and sitting up,"the kids are waiting."

"Alright, I'll be off then." He said leaning down and giving her a short kiss. He pulled away lifting his mask over his mouth. She frowned raising a disappointed eyebrow.
"*sigh* your right I can do better," he leaned down again. Their lips meeting a second time.

Kakashi emerged from the room 7 minutes later.

She blushed from the memory as she reached the kitchen table and stood to catch her breath.

"Alright you can do this," she mumbled as she took a step away. She wobbled but stayed up. She mentally cheered. It was working. Or she thought it was until she took another step on her bad leg. A shooting pain ripped through her hip causing her to loose balance and topple to the floor. An aggravated grown left her throat as she cringed from the ache.

"You'll never get better Like that" a young voice caught her off guard. She turned her head quickly to the side to see Inari leaving in the door frame.

"Oh, Inari I didn't know you were home. How are you?" She asked sitting up rubbing at his hip.

"I'm fine you on the other hand seem to be on a downward spiral," he said looking down at her, his hat dipping slightly over his eyes, "why don't you just give up? It'll be easier wouldn't it?"

She smiled at him, "I would be easy your right. But easy wasn't the path I was led on. It doesn't make our bonds stinger.It just leads to a shallow life. I can't give up. I have people I love and care for to protect. My bonds with my loved ones runs deep. Deeper than oceans and farther than the sky's above. I'll never give up." She was now facing him with her hands placed on both his cheeks.
"I believe and I know you can too."

The gloomy look on his face changed to one that was almost a blankness; as if  he was taking in every word. But it returned when he came back to his senses.

"Like I said you won't get better like that. If you really want to get better I guess I'll help you." He said tugging at her hand to get up.

"Really? Do you have experience with this?"  She said clambering to her foot and hobbling to where ever he was taking her.

"Grandpa broke his leg once. The doctor made him do lots of exercises to get stronger after he healed. It was my job to make him do them," he said opening the door to her own room. The sheets were made and clean compliments of tsunami.

"Lay on your back," he ordered pointing to the floor. Kanata hobbled to the place where he had indicated. When she was there Inari began to move her leg in different positions. He stretched it here and there checking her range of motion. She winced every time he got to a low point. He sighed taking off his hat and putting her leg back on the floor.

"We have a lot of work to do. And by the way, I'm here most of the time so you and that man need to keep it down when your having "private time""

~~~~~~~~~~~~

For three weeks straight they worked. Stretching, strengthening, and conditioning until her leg was working completely as it did before. Finally she could walk and be with the team on duty. That morning before she left she looked for Inari but he was nowhere to be found. Kanata decided she could thank him later.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The bridge was almost complete with the desired end in view. Tazuna worked diligently giving order every once in a while. Kakashi and the team simply watched over them.

"Kanata sensei!!!," Naruto cried running over with a shoulder covered in grey, "Sasuke push me in wet cement."

"I only pushed you after you decided it would be funny to put dust down my shirt you dweeb!" He yelled behind pulling at his top. Dust fluttered in clouds to the ground bellow.

"Did not!"

The two puffed up their chest and bumped heads.

"Did too!"

"Did nooaaahhht!!!" their yells turned into frantic cries as chains wrapped around their torsos and held them in the air. Kanata walked to the bridges edge and the dangled the two over the water. They stopped, remaining very still.

"Are you two done?" She asked sweetly.

"But he started it!!!!" They both yelled pointed at one another. Her chains slowly loosened and they dropped towards the water. The moment they were about to splash in she caught  them with her chains by the ankles and pulled them back up.

"Finished?" Their dangling heads nodded a quick yes.

"Well your filthy and everyday tsunami has to clean because you drag dirt into the house soooo,"

*splash*

She dropped them into the water bellow. Their heads popped up as they resurfaced. She reached down and pulled them out. They had a discontent look their faces as she set the down.

"Oh come on, you'll dry soon anyway," she said smiling down at the dripping pair. They exchanged a glance with each other. Kanata's eyebrow raised in suspicion when they both turned to her with mischievous smile. She realized a little to late what they were thinking.

"Don't even thin...!!!!" Before her words could leave her lips, their strong arms pushed her backwards. A loud cry left her lips as she landed in the water with a large splash. Her hair, which was still slightly red at the roots,  stuck to her face.

"Ok, I deserved that." She said hauling herself out of the water. Kakashi was laughing heartily as she wrung out her hair.
"You be quiet or your next!!!"

Suddenly her a familiar chill prickle her skin. She turned to Kakashi who held the same tense pose. She slowly turned to the water which had a think mist setting in. Her arms took the collars of both boys slowly pulling them behind her. Tazuna rose slowly as Sakura moved to stand  in front of him.

"Whatever you do stand behind me, understand?" She said not moving an inch. She knew that they nodded as they stilled. Sakura stood her ground with the kunai shaking in her nervous hands.

"Look out!!!" Kakashi voice broke the silence. A barrage of small Blades of water whizzed towards them through the air.

Kanata's chains whipped through the air knocking the blades away from her body.

When the barrage ended a figure appeared clapping with a dark laugh.

"Well well, I must say you have surprised, ninja of the leaf," Zabuza jumped onto the bridge his blade held firm in his hand, "but your luck ends here."

Wow it been a while. Sorry if this chapter felt rushed I promise that I'll try to improve next time.

Love love love you,
Firebird