Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Hestia was jolted awake when Draco landed heavily on his feet at Malfoy Manor. Lucius strode from the room, slamming the door open as if signalling for Draco to follow him. The older man threw open a door to an empty room, scarcely decorated.

"Put her on the bed. We'll talk to her later, she needs to wake up first." Lucius demanded, flouncing from the room, long blond hair billowing dramatically behind him. Draco lowered Hestia onto the deep teal bed covers with a surprising amount of care. He stared at her for a moment before turning around and walking slowly from the room, shaking his head.

As soon as the door slammed shut behind him and the key could be heard in the lock, Hestia's eyes snapped open. She had woken as soon as Draco and Lucius had apparated into their home, but hadn't dared open her eyes through fear of having to stare into Draco's own, silvery cold discs.

She stretched slowly, aware of the disturbing amount of pain richocheing through her body as she gently pulled herself into an upright position. As she carefully walked towards the door she tripped over something and went flying to the floor. Her senses were still somewhat muddled and she felt hopelessly confused as she struggled to push herself onto her feet.

"I see you're awake then." Lucius growled from the doorway. Hestia had been so focused on her pain that she hadn't heard the key turn in the lock and Lucius enter the room. "You can't stay here dressed like that. Find something in the wardrobe." And with that he was gone, only a small hint of his cologne lingering in the air was proof that he was even there at all.

Hestia finally managed to look around her large yet sparsely decorated room. There was a large ornate four posted bed in a dark mahogany wood with deep blue covers. Beside the bed was a single elegant standing lamp. On the far side of the room was an imposingly wide window draped with silvery white curtains trailing with silver lace. Finally was a tall Mahogany wardrobe, the doors hung with mirrors delicately engraved with the Malfoy crest.

Hestia allowed her fingers to trace the gently looping curls etched into the glass before carefully creaking the door open, to reveal a small rail hung with expensive and surprisingly tasteful dresses. Surely Lucius wouldn't have prepared this for her?

She ran her hand along the silky skirts of the elegant dresses and what caught her eye was a deep plum coloured, understated dress. It was pinched in at the waist but the skirt flowed gently down the the floor. The chest was plain fabric embellished with small embroidered swirls, and the sleeves hung from below the shoulder to halfway down the bottom part of her forearm, only connected very slightly. The whole thing hung tightly to her frame, apart from the large cascading skirt.

She closed the wardrobe door and held it up to her body, smiling only slightly. How strange that she could take comfort in her appearence when she was being held hostage by two obsessive psychos.

Gently slipping off her old clothes and pulling the new dress on, she opened the wardrobe again and found various pairs of shoes. She grabbed a beautiful pair of silvery sandal high heels and placed them on her feet. Grabbing a china hairbrush from the small bedside table she pulled it through her luxurious brown hair before placing it gently back onto the table.

She strode confidently to the door, not expecting to find it unlocked. Smiling, she opened the door slowly and stepped out into the dark, deserted corridoor. She had no idea as to which way to go. As she was wondering which direction to go in, she heard gentle footsteps echoing down the hall towards her. Turning to the direction of the noise she heard a gasp as Draco noticed her.

"You look... you look..." He stuttered, staring avidly at her. Instead of making her feel uncomfortable, she felt herself blush. What happened to the lurid, confident Draco she knew and hated? He'd turned into a nervous, slightly kind and strangely attractive boy who was getting flustered extremely quickly.

"Thank you." She whispered, smiling slightly when Draco stepped forwards and held his arm out.

"Father said that I needed to escort you to the...parlor...He's never called it that before, but anyway." He grinned mischievously and a slight blush graced his pale face when Hestia placed her arm on top of his and they walked down the corridor, both as anxious as each other.

"Draco." Lucius growled, folding the paper he was reading and resting it on the crystal table in front of his large green armchair. "You do look good together." He grinned, rather scarily. Hestia swallowed nervously and felt Draco squeeze her arm before he led her towards a similar armchair to the one his father was sitting in. Hestia sank down into the soft upholstery but didn't feel that she could relax. She was sitting directly opposite Lucius who was scrutinizing her with his sharp stare.

Draco came and stood behind her chair, resting his hands on the back. Lucius looked at both of them, clearly not noticing the slightly apprehensive looks on both of their faces, and smiled.

"Yes." He muttered, more to himself than anyone else. "This could work."

"Mr Malfoy, please, why have you held me here?" Hestia squeaked suddenly, cowering when she saw the dark look Lucius was giving her.

"You will not have that tone with me child." He hissed. "You will speak only when spoken too. Draco, she is your responsibility, discipline her!" He growled, grinning when Draco hit her hard across the back of her head. She bit her tongue when her teeth smashed together, and felt tears spring to her eyes as she struggled to staunch the blood flow. She swallowed, struggling not to retch when she felt her blood slip silkily down her throat, the deep metallic taste lingering in her mouth.

"The quicker you learn that, the better." Lucius hissed. "You shall be here for a very long time child. I suggest you get used to it."

"Please, sir." She whimpered. "Why am I here?" Lucius growled under his breath at the insolence of this child.

"It was going to be to teach you a lesson. But more needs to be done." He hissed, glaring darkly at her.

"Severus will look for me! He'll save me!" She cried, trying to run from the room but Draco pinned her to the chair, his strong hands gripping her shoulders tightly, planting her firmly in her seat.

"If you knew what was good for you, you will never speak of that man again. Nor shall you see him unless I allow it, I will not let you continue with this relationship whilst you are here." he sneered, spitting the word 'Relationship' like he detested the word.

"Draco, take her to her room. I have nothing else to discuss with her at this moment." With that he grabbed a glass of firewhiskey from the table in front of him and sipped it slowly, his silvery eyes watching Hestia as Draco shepherded her from the room.

They walked in silence, Draco's hard grip on her arm starting to hurt. They reached the door that led to her room and Draco released her, a very sad look on his face. Hestia rubbed her arm, allowing the tears to fall from her cheeks.

"Help me Draco. Don't keep me here!" She whispered, stepping towards Draco with pleading eyes, grabbing his arm. He shrugged her off, still avoiding her gaze.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said before pushing her into her room and locking the door. He turned around, tears glittering his eyes.

Hestia banged on the door, sobbing hysterically.

"Draco! Draco Please, DON'T DO THIS!" She screamed, her fists barely making an impact on the wood. The room was heavily soundproofed, she didn't want to guess why, so Draco heard none of her desperate pleas for help. "Draco." She whispered before dropping onto the floor and curling into a ball, still crying.

The last thing she thought of before she drifted off into a painful and fitful sleep was Severus, and the fact that she may never see him again.

*~*~*~*

Hooray,

Lots of chapters to come

Unfortunately, they wont be long, three pages at most, but there should be one each day, at least.

Eden xx