Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

"Severus?" Dumbledore asked, his voice full of sympathy when Professor McGonagall stumbled through the door trying to support the extremely depressed man. "Help him into the chair please Minerva. I think he needs a drink."

Professor Mcgonagall carefully helped Severus into the chair and stood upright, staring at the headmaster. With a nod he signalled for her to leave the room, which she did willingly, not wanting to stay in the same room as the teacher who had disgraced Hogwart's good name.

"Firewhisky?" Dumbledore asked Severus cheerfully, but he just kept staring impassively at his feet, struggling to fight the large wave of anger and violence that was building up inside him. The headmaster placed the glass back onto the desk and muttered. "Ok then."

Severus glanced up from the floor and fixed him with a steely glare. His deep, obsidian eyes sparkling with emotion as he struggled to come to terms with the loss of Hestia.

"They have her Albus." He whispered, staring into the ageing wizard's knowing eyes. "They have my Hestia." He broke down into silent sobs, clearly embarrassed that the Headmaster was seeing him so weak. Dumbledore frowned.

"Your Hestia?" He repeated disbelievingly, shaking his head. "I thought I told you Severus-"

"I DON'T CARE!" Snape screamed, grabbing the large glass decanter containing firewhisky and throwing against the far wall, where it smashed and burst into violent red flames. Dumbledore swallowed rather nervously. He knew what a good wizard Snape was, but who knew what he'd do when he was angry?

"Severus, please, calm down. You'll end up doing something you might regret." Dumbledore whispered soothingly. Severus glanced at him before breaking into heavy, laboured sobs, collapsed on the floor, hitting his fists against the floor.

"I'm sorry Headmaster." He mumbled when his fit of anger subsided. Dumblefore merely peered at him over the top of his half-moon spectacles and smiled slightly.

"It's quite alright Severus. I'm sure I can get another decanter."

"It's not that!" Severus screamed. "I love her! Goddamit, I love her so much it hurts. I tried, I really did, but she means too much for me just to forget it never happened."

Dumbledore looked at him strangely before smiling gently as Severus pulled himself from the floor and sank into the chair provided. His voice, even though it was sympathetic, was extremely strangled and forced.

"I understand Severus."

"NO! You don't! NO-ONE DOES!" He yelled, rubbing his face angrily before sighing in frustration. "You can't make me forget about her Albus! It runs too deep for that."

"I know Severus. Love is the hardest emotion to control, and I'm afraid to say that no-one has ever conquered it. Do you truly love her Severus? Would you do anything for her?"Dumbledore asked. Severus nodded sadly.

"Then I need you to do something that may seem difficult, but it's the best thing for her. End it, forget about her. You may never move on Severus, but she has to."

Severus stood up in anger and disgust.

"I always thought you a great wizard Dumbledore, but you are just a fool. How can this be the best thing for her? It would hurt her too much, I can't hurt her again." Dumbledore raised his eyebrow slightly at the last part, unaware that there had ever been a problem.

"How do you know she loves you back? It may just be a schoolgirl crush, you said it yourself."

"I JUST KNOW!" Severus screamed, starting to doubt himself even as he was saying it. "We need to save her." He whispered in a calmer voice, sitting back into the chair.

"To save her, we need to know where she is." Dumbledore said slowly as if talking to a young child.

"Malfoy Manor." Severus growled begrudgingly.

"How do you know?" Dumbledore inquired politely.

"I just know! Don't you trust me?" Severus screamed

"Of course I do Severus." Dumbledore whispered quietly.

*~*~*~*

"Severus." Hestia whimpered, curled up in a ball beneath the sheets of her bed. "Please save me." The tears rolled freely from her eyes as she sobbed quietly. Draco sat on the other side of the door having previously tried to convince Hestia to eat something. He cried quietly, disgusted with himself and his father to allow this to happen to such a beautiful girl.

As he heard her sob, his heart wrenched and he felt sick.

"How could I do this to her?" He cried under his breath. "I love her."

*~*~*~*

Yay, please comment etc.

Hmm, what will happen next?

:P hehe

Eden!!

xxx