Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Hestia groaned as she lifted her head from the hard seat of the chair. Rubbing her eyes wearily she pulled the jacket that had been laid across her shoulders and folded it carefully before swinging her legs round and placing it on the now empty seat beside her.

Glancing up at the clock on the far wall she groaned again before pushing herself onto her feet and stumbling towards the bathroom. When she looked in the mirror she frowned  before filling the basin with cold water and washing her pale face, clearing away the smudged makeup.

She stepped out of the bathroom after having tied her hair into a bun, before sinking back into the seat placed beside the tall black door. She lifted her feet and pulled her legs tightly to her chest and rested her chin on her knees. She allowed a small tear to escape as she heard Severus' indignant voice sounding from behind the closed door. She wiped her eyes angrily before leaning her head back until it rested against the wall, trying to listen to their conversation but all she could hear was a slight murmuring. Probably the effects of a charm of some sort.

"Snape, did you use the cruciatus curse on her or not? Simple enough question, do we have to get the Verita Serum out?" Mad-eye growled for what seemed to be the umpteenth time. They had started the whole interrogation thing late last night and due to Severus' inability to cooperate, it had lasted well into the morning. It was now 5am, and the prosecutors were getting tetchy.

"I keep telling you, I was undercover. I had to. You know that I work for Dumbledore." Severus sneered, staring placidly at Mad-eye and Tonks who sat opposite him.

"Just answer the question." Tonks growled impatiently, her hair turning a deep silver colour, expressing her extreme boredom.

"Yes, alright. But you know I would never hurt her on purpose, or force her to do anything."

"All we know is that you used the Cruciatus curse on a student who you also happened to be having an illegitimate relationship with. How are we to know if you used the Imperius curse on her or not? Maybe you forced her to touch you." Mad-eye grumbled

"Oh for goodness sake, we all know that she wanted to touch me." He hissed, a hint of a smirk creeping onto his lips as he saw Mad-eyes face colour with anger.

"Meaning?" Tonks questioned, raising an eyebrow and causing Severus to become flustered, realising what he had just said.

"Meaning that... She uh..."

"Was forced into something she wasn't ready for?" Mad-eye helped

"No! If anyone forced her into something it was Malfoy." Severus snarled

"Draco? From what I heard they were supposed to be married, but you took her before they had the chance." Tonks questioned

"No, not Draco, Lucius. He was forcing her to marry him." The two aurors looked sceptical.

"So you didn't take Hestia from her wedding, against her will?" Tonks asked, leaning forwards over the desk and clasping her hands together. "I don't know what it is, but something about this just seems odd, wouldn't you agree Alastor?"

"Hmm." The old Auror mumbled. "But I don't remember hearing anything about marriage. It's news to me."

"You didn't know that your own daughter was getting married?" Tonks furrowed her eyebrows incredulously.

"No." Mad-eye muttered, mechanical eye whirring in its metal socket as it tried to locate Hestia past the thick brick wall separating them.

"Excuse me, I have to go. Tonks, you tell him about tomorrow." He murmured before staning up and hobbling out of the room.