Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

"Severus! No!" Hestia cried as she leapt over the stands and into the centre of the room, dodging her fathers arms as he tried to pull her back into her seat. She ran over to the chair where a bewildered looking Severus was looking at her, narrowly avoiding the red bursts of light blazing from the other wizards wands as they tried to restrain her. She jumped onto Severus and grabbed his face between her hands before kissing him passionately on the lips, half sobbing from sadness, half whimpering from where his mouth was touching hers. Tears streamed down her cheeks as his arms snaked around her waist and pulled her closer, desperately not wanting to let go.

"Stupefy!" Someone yelled, sparks of crimson light shooting from their wand and hitting Hestia in the back, rendering her unconscious. Mad-eye jumped over the barrier and ran towards his daughter before grabbing her in his arms and holding her tightly to his chest.

"Hestia, my Hestia." He murmured, wiping tears from her now calm face. Severus sat back in his seat, gripping the armrests tightly as he struggled to keep his deep, heart wrenching sadness from spilling over and displaying his weakness.

Mad-eye began to walk slowly towards the door, still whispering to Hestia softly. Severus stared vacantly after him before deciding on a route of action. He jumped from his chair and thundered up the steps after them, projecting protection charms around himself to avoid the restraining spells the Wizengamot were throwing at him.

"Protego Totalum." He shouted after having grabbed an unconcious Hestia from her fathers arms. A translucent blue bubble fizzed around them, blocking out any other sounds and not allowing anything through. Including Mad-eye who was desperately trying to break through the magical shield.

"Rennervate." Severus muttered, kneeling on the floor with Hestia laid below him. Her eyelids fluttered open and she groaned loudly when the bright light flooded her eyes, momentarily blinding her. She turned her head slightly to the side to try and catch a glimpse of where she was, but was stopped when a shadow fell across her face and she felt someones warm, jittery breath on her cheek.

Closing her eyes, she allowed Severus to kiss her tenderly on the lips, tears spilling from his eyes and dripping onto her ashen face as she kissed him back gently. She lifted her arms and wrapped them delicately around his neck, Severus' silky black hair splaying cross her face as she deepened the kiss and whimpered eagerly, trying to keep the sobs rising in her throat at bay.

Severus pulled away gently, their foreheads pressing together as he gazed at her closed eyelids and the serene, satisfied smile on her rosebud lips. His hands snaked around his waist and he pulled her slightly upright, legs still laying across the floor but top half of her body pressed against his.

"I love you." He whispered, staring deeply into her sparkling brown eyes.

"I love you too." She purred, getting lost in his dark, obsidian eyes. She turned away from him and saw her father glaring angrily at Severus, wand raised. He scowled at Hestia who turned her gaze back to Severus before kissing him softly on the lips, leaving a pleasant tingling sensation behind.

She untangled her arms from behind his neck and stood up slowly, gripping Severus' hand tightly. He rose beside her and used the other hand to dissolve the protective charm around them. Mad-eye stepped forwards and tried to pull his daughter away, but she shrugged his hands off, still holding onto Severus. Someone came up behind them and shot Severus with a non-verbal spell, causing him to sink to his knees and release Hestia's hand. His hands were bound tightly behind his back and he was lead back over to the chair in the centre of the room.

Hestia was dragged back to her seat by her father, but her eyes remained defiant and she glowered darkly at him as she was shoved roughly into the chair. She spent the rest of the trial staring at Severus' impassive face as he heard all the evidence stack up against him. His placid facade faltered however, when Lucius Malfoy waltzed through the door and into the docks, dragging Draco behind him.