Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

"Father, Please! See reason, I don't want to do this!" Draco cried loudly, causing Hestia to wake from her light, uncomfortable sleep. She pushed the covers back slowly and listened to the now hushed conversation floating to her from outside of the door.

"You don't have a choice Draco!" Lucius snapped, his shoes stomping noisily on the floorboards as he walked to meet up with his son who was leaning against the wall, opposite Hestia's door. "Maybe if you hadn't have brought disgrace on this family quite like you did, none of this would have to happen!"

Hestia tip-toed towards the locked door, pale white nightgown billowing around her.  She remained silent as she lifted a hand to wipe her groggy eyes.  Stopped before the doorway, she listened intently to the conversation she obviously wasn't meant to hear.

She struggled to hold back  the sobs rising in her throat as she heard the deep voices of her captors. She inhaled sharply, trying not to cry.

"But I don't want to do this! I'm too young!" Draco yelled, punching the wall in anger until his knuckles bled.

"I don't care Draco!" Lucius hissed, grabbing his son sharply by the arm and pulling him to stand in front of the door. "You're doing this and that's final!" He exhaled air loudly before releasing his sons arm and speaking in a softer tone. "Don't you want her?" He sneered, grinning slightly as he knew the answer he would get.

"Yes." Draco mumbled quietly, running his long fingers through his silky blond hair. "She doesn't feel the same way about me though! She loves Severus." He yelled, suddenly furious again.

"It doesn't matter what she thinks! She's only a girl, you have the authority not her. She'll go along with it because she likes that retched man so much." He paused and tilted his head slightly, listening for a noise in the deafening silence that followed.

Hestia covered her mouth after she let a small sob escape at the mention of Severus. She gasped and stumbled forwards as the door was pulled away and she fell into the corridor.

"It would seem that we have an audience Draco." Lucius hissed, stepping forwards and grabbing Hestia firmly by the arm. She proceeded to try and pull herself free, but Lucius only gripped her tighter. Leaning in until she could feel his warm breath in her ear, he whispered menacingly.

"How much did you hear?"

"Nothing...It didn't make sense anyway!" Hestia screamed, feeling slightly sick about Lucius' nauseatingly handsome face inches from hers.

"Right." He hissed before pulling away and releasing her arm. "It would appear that we have to explain everything." He gripped his wand tightly before beginning. "Do you know much about Pure-blood custom?" He asked as if talking to someone extremely simple minded. Hestia shook her head and saw the confused look flash across Lucius' face.

"It is stated that a pure-blood wizard cannot come into 'contact' with a member of the opposite gender until marriage." He explained before glaring darkly at Draco. "Because we can't trust anything either of you say, we don't know how far Draco went." Hestia just stared at him blankly.

"Don't you know anything, you stupid girl?" Draco snapped "I brought shame on this family when I... gave into temptation." Hestia merely stared impassively at him, too afraid to show how confused and disgusted she felt. "When I kissed you!" Draco yelled, hitting Hestia sharply around the head.

"Don't touch me!" Hestia screamed, backing away slowly. "You're not making any sense!

"You Insolent child! Just how dumb are you? I don't relish the thought of someone so ignorant to the Pure-blood ways joining my family." Lucius sneered, glaring darkly at her.