Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

"Ah Draco." One of the Deatheaters purred, her voice cackling and maniacal. "Please, take a seat." Draco swallowed nervously and took one of the three empty chairs beside the two intimidating Deatheaters. You couldn't see their eyes, which made them all the more frightening. Draco was afraid to even look at them as he sank into the green armchair opposite the female. He stared intently at the ring wrapped around his finger.

"Cissy!" The female Deatheater grinned as Narcissa Malfoy strode through an adjoining door. Her blond hair was pinned tightly to her head and she strode confidently over to where the strange group sat, tall black heels clacking against the floorboards.

"Bellatrix." She smiled begrudgingly, sounding almost forced. She carefully placed herself beside her husband on the small green sofa and stared at Draco. His head snapped up and he saw his mother staring intently at him, a worried look on her pale features.

He smiled reassuringly, and Narcissa visibly relaxed. She tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear and tried to take her husbands hand, but he just ignored her. Draco had frequently noticed how much his Mother loved his Father, but how dispassionate he was in return. He frowned, upset for his Mother.

"Father, why are we here?" Draco asked, silenced by a cold look from his father. Bellatrix waved her wand over her face, gently dissaperating the cold, grey mask and pulling the hood down to allow her mad brown hair to spiral outwards. The other Deatheater chose to remain anonymous and sat impassively, face turned towards the door.

"I hope that stupid bitch stays in her room. We don't want anyone finding out that we are forcing her to marry Draco. It's her fault anyway, she seduced Draco and Snape, so now she is threatened with the death of one to marry the other." Lucius tried to justify all of the thoughts swarming around his head. The other Deatheater was listening intently, peering into the cavern of his mind and learning his inner most thoughts, darkest secrets and worst memories.

He had tried to get into Draco's head, but was blocked by Occlumency. Who knew that such a cowardly boy was able to master such a difficult skill?

*~*~*~*

Hestia had heard voices drifting along the corridors enticingly. She pulled herself from where she was laying sprawled across the bed, and crept towards the door, not even daring to hope that there was someone else here. Someone who could help her.

Yes, there were definately voices. A woman, women were always the most compassionate and hopeful. Hestia started to bang on the door loudly, trying to get their attention, but the voice either ignored her or never even heard.

Lucius obviously did, He strode towards the door and closed it firmly, kicking it shut. The other Deatheater's eyes followed him the whole way, his gaze somewhat unnerving. If Lucius knew who the Deatheater was, he didn't show it. Maybe it was some sort of custom to not treat fellow Deatheaters as their own persons when they were dressed up.

Hestia collapsed on the floor, panting heavily. Clearly no-one had heard her, they hadn't come to help her, and she was still stuck in that godforsaken room. She glanced round, desperate for something that would alert the woman that she was there. It was then that she realised that it was not them that needed to come to her, it was her that needed to go to them.

She stood up and took a breath, preparing to break out. She raised her leg and placed a well aimed kick directly below the doorknob. The wood shattered and the door swung open unsteadily. The door was only made of a thin plank of wood.

She ran down the corridor, towards the source of the noise, ignoring the splinters of wood embedded in her bare feet. She pounded down the halls, each step she took was bringing her closer to freedom. She reached a large, imposing door and stopped running. The voices were definitely coming from that room, but something was odd.