Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Hestia stood beside her father in a dimly lit corridor. A cool chill was lingering in the air and settling on her rashly dressed body. Her shirt was creased and hastily thrown on, buttons out of place in different holes. Her tie was twisted and crooked, after having been tied quickly after the shame of her father walking in on her and Severus. She ran a hand through her hair absentmindedly, trying to smooth it down as it was currently a messy mop of knots.

Mad-eye turned his head and frowned at his daughter, obviously deeply ashamed of what she had done. He hid his dismay, however, when he saw the tears sparkling in her dark brown eyes, exact replicas of her mothers.

"Come here." He murmured, grabbing her by the shoulders and pulling her into a tight hug, rubbing her arms softly, trying to warm her up. She sobbed into his chest and he struggled to refrain his own tears from spilling. "It's alright sweetheart." He whispered into her hair, causing her to pull away abruptly, a murderous look on her face.

"No, It's not alright father. Severus will probably go to Azkaban, and I'll never see him again. How is being separated from the person you love alright?" She growled

"You honestly think that I don't know that. As if you don't know already what your own mother did to me."

"What are you talking about? She left you because you were so unloving and aggressive. You clearly didn't love her, so her leaving wouldn't harm you in the slightest."

"She didn't leave because of that Hestia. She left because I found her in the arms of another man."

"You're lying!" Hestia screamed

"I really wish I was Hestia, I honestly do. But a few days after I found out that she was pregnant with you I had forgotten something so had to come home from work and then I saw her and... another man... together... in our bed." He frowned as he remembered the day that he lost the woman he loved.

Hestia saw the sadness on his face and swallowed loudly, upset that she had been so cruel to her father after all he had been through.

"Who was it? The man. And how come I have never seen him with Mother, the only person I've known her to be with is her new husband..."

"Sirius Black." Mad-eye grunted through gritted teeth, fists clenched tightly as his daughter took a while to comprehend the situation.

"She left you, to be with Sirius. But why?" Hestia whispered, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Obviously he was better than me. More loving maybe. He didn't seem to be the caring type though, too full of lust for that. He always had been coming on to her, even when she was with me. I remember one time that we had to go to some dinner with the order, and when we arrived he couldn't take his eyes off her. I kept trying to tell her but she just dismissed it as me being jealous. I never knew anything would come from it."

"So when you went home that day, and you found Mother and Sirius... They had slept together hadn't they?" She whispered disbelievingly

"Yes. I don't know how long they had been going at it, maybe for a few days, but maybe years."

"Am I yours?" Hestia asked suddenly after a moments silence.

"Excuse me?"

"Am I your child, or am I his?" Hestia asked again

"I-I-I honestly don't know." Mad-eye muttered, not looking her in the eye. "The timings were right for you to be mine, but because I don't know how long she had been with...him... I cannot say for sure."

"So I could be his daughter? I could be an illegitimate child! How could she do this to you? To me?" She burst into tears and Mad-eye pulled her into another hug, allowing small tears to escape as he rested his chin on her head.

"I'm so sorry that she hadn't told you before. I thought that maybe if she never told you, and neither did I, then we could keep believing you were mine. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, you know." He whispered into her hair

"The hearing is about to start, please can you enter the courtroom." A short, stout man with thinning hair approached them slowly and they pulled away, Hestia wiping her eyes and Mad eye wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "This way please." They followed the man into a brightly lit, circular shaped room. Along one wall was rows of tiered seats for the Wizengamot, another set on the other side of the room for the public to witness the trial. There was a large, circular space in the centre of the room, void of anything but a tall wooden chair.

Hestia choked back a sob that had risen in her throat as she saw Severus sitting in the chair, his pale face even more waxen and gaunt than usual. He glanced up from the floor and stared her directly in the eye, giving an almost undetectable smile. Anyone watching would think that he was trying to unnerve her given that she had supposedly turned him over for hurting her, but only she knew that he was trying to comfort her.

She smiled a weak, watery smile back before taking a seat beside her father, heart hammering loudly as bile rose in her throat.

"All rise for the Minister of Magic." Someone shouted out and everyone stood up but Severus, who sat glaring darkly at the man who took the highest seat in the room. He leaned over the top of his desk and sneered at Severus sitting far below him before signalling for everyone to sit. Hestia had already begun to cry.

"Severus Tobias Snape, you stand accused of the use of the Cruciatus curse on a student, illegitimate relationship with, kidnap and rape of the said student. How do you plead?"

Severus glanced slowly around the room, his gaze lingering on Hestia's body as she sobbed into her fathers shoulder. His scowl fell as he realised what he must do to allow her to be free. Swallowing tears, he allowed the silence to become unbearable before answering in a firm voice.

"Guilty."

*~*~*~*

WHOA

Betcha didn't see that coming did you?

So who's daughter is she???

And why did Severus plead Guilty???

I'm afraid that there will not be any more updates for a couple of days, but, good news!!!

3 more chapters now!!! I have decided to add another chapter and am definately adding an epilogue.

So, next chapter will be sentencing, then secret chappie (mwahahaha) and then an epilogue from far in the future!

Betcha can't wait!!!

Lots of loveeeeeee

Eden xxx