Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Hestia's eyes fluttered open when she felt Draco kiss her softly on the top of her head. She shifted slightly, blushing when she felt his strong arms wrapped tightly around her scantily clad body. She tugged at the fraying white nightdress, trying to pull it past her knees as Lucius and Narcissa entered the room.

She sat up abruptly and smoothed down her hair. Draco reluctantly sat beside her, feeling oddly cold after the comfort of her body so close to him. Lucius and Narcissa sat down on the chairs directly opposite them and Hestia struggled not to jump up and run.

Draco, sensing her anxiousness, grabbed her hand and held it awkwardly yet comfortingly. He stared at his father, extremely depressed that he could call him that. A man who would kidnap, hold hostage and inflict pain upon such a fragile girl doesn't deserve to be treated well and called father.

"I wanted to see if Hestia understood our agreement fully." Lucius said finally

"Some agreement." Hestia hissed venomously "I don't remember agreeing to anything." Draco's grip on her hand tightened, as if silently telling her to stop before Lucius reacted badly. But he just dismissed the comment with a dark look before continuing.

"You are to marry Draco, and if you try to escape, or tell anyone, then Severus will be punished as a result, understand? You don't want that do you?" Lucius sneered, grinning when he saw Hestia give him a sad shake of the head. "You will call us Mother and Father at the banquet tonight and -"

"Banquet?" Hestia laughed. "What makes you think that I won't tell the other people what has happened? Why would I play along?"

"Because if you don't, you will be in the most dangerous position of your life." Lucius growled "You think you've felt pain? You've felt nothing compared with what will happen to you if you tell. And it will be worse for Severus, believe me."

Hestia frowned, her eyes narrowing as she glared at a rather smug Lucius who was grinning at her distraught yet angry expression.

"I knew that would hit a nerve." He purred "Now, people will be asking you and Draco questions, so you will have to answer them all. Make up a lie if you have to, just remember what will happen if you tell them about our little... arrangement."

Hestia struggled to hold back her tears as she realised that the wedding plan was really going ahead. This was some kind of engagement party, but even so there was no way that she could get someone to help her escape.

Draco lifted a hand and brushed away the tears gently before standing up and walking from the room, helping Hestia stumble alongside him. When they reached the door he creaked it open and pushed Hestia out, not before glancing back and glaring angrily at his father, and followed behind her.

"Draco, you have to let me escape." Hestia whispered once back in her room, perched on the end of her bed with Draco sitting on the floor beside her feet.

"Hestia, no matter how much I want to, you know that I can't." He sighed reluctantly. Hestia looked at him scornfully, not quite believing what he was saying.

"I don't think that you want me to at all. I think that you actually want to marry me!" She screamed, standing up and angrily storming over to the window.

"Please, you know that I don't want to marry you. Not now anyway, I do want to be with you, but it's unfair that you are being forced to be with me." He got up and joined her by the window. He rested his chin on her shoulder so that he could speak directly into her ear, and wrapped his hands tightly around her waist. She blatantly refused to look at him but shivered involuntarily when he whispered to her, his warm breath dancing on her neck.