Chapter 1

picture of Clara on the side (cutie!)

 Edited by Soumii

CHAPTER 1

 "Daaaaddy!" I heard a war like scream before I felt someone jump on me, taking my breath away momentarily.

"Morning princess" I smiled up at her as she sat on my chest, staring at me happily.

"It’s our first day today!" She smiled gleefully.

I looked at the alarm clock on my bedside table, and the green light blinked the time back at me; 6:50am.

"Yeah, let's get, you ready?" I told her as I sat up, scooping her into my arms and throwing her over my shoulder as I made my way to my bathroom.

"Daddy!" She squealed, thumping on my back.

Purposely ignoring it, I continued walking, smiling to myself quietly. I loved her so much! I sat her down on the toilet seat as i turned on the shower.

"Daddy will have a shower first, and then you can have your bath"

"But daddy, I had my bath last night! You told me I don't have to have one this morning" she pouted at me, I sighed in response.

"Yeah, I remember" I said whilst removing my boxers.

"I'm really, really, really, really excited for today, Daddy!" She told me as I climbed into the bath tub and stood under the shower knob.

"I know Clara; you have been counting down the days!" I laughed

"I hope I'll be allowed to draw and play!" She said excitedly.

Clara has been looking forward to pre-school ever since I told her she was going to start going. It was so adorable to watch her petite face lighten up every time it was mentioned. I don't really know why she is so excited about going I thought she'd be nervous, but that my Clara for you...

"You will be able to, princess" I told her as I washed the soap off my body.

"And I want to play on the jungle gym! Can I do that daddy?" She asked curiously.

"Of course"

I turned the shower off, and grabbed a towel wrapping it round my waist. Holding out my hand for her, she jumped off the toilet seat and grabbed my hand in a tight grip, we walked back to the bedroom, our hands interlocked and swinging freely between us.

"What do you want to wear today?" I asked her as I walked to my underwear draw. I already knew what she would want to wear, it'd be her...-

"My princess dress!" She said happily, cutting of my thoughts, almost as if she could hear them herself.  I had bought Clara a different princess dress every year for her birthday, she got a new one a couple of weeks ago, and so she was always wanting to wear it.

"Are you sure? Maybe you should just wear one of your normal dresses, it might get dirty" I advised as I slipping on my boxers, which was followed by my dark denim jeans. Once I was half-dressed, I walked over to her wardrobe, opening it wide so she can pick out the dress she'd like to wear. I'd given up picking the dresses myself, after she developed her own sense of 'fashion'.

"My red one!" She squealed happily, whilst pointing out to the dress she wanted. Red was her favorite color, so it wasn't a surprise when she picked it out. I pulled out one of the many red dresses she owned, and held it out to her "Yay!" She chirped, bouncing on the heels of her feet. I shed her pajamas off her, and put her into her dress, walking to my wardrobe to get a shirt when I was done. "Daddy?" I heard a tiny voice ask behind me.