Chapter 10

Foe Amilliee-x because she is always the first one to vote! Thank you honey!

Chapter 10

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" Terry stood up from his chair, the room feel silent instantly "the reason I bought you all here today is to welcome back my Lorelai" he beams down at me "I know a lot of you are wondering why, and it’s because of our love that brings us back together. Isn't that right?" I nod quickly and scan around the crowd, their faces all showing different emotions; smiles, frowning, painful and shocked. "To Lorelai" Terry raises a glass

"Lorelai" the crowd mimics

"All carry on this evening" Terry sits back down "I'm glad this is going well now, Flower" he takes my hand and I want to pull it away but I don't

"Sir" a man is in front of the table "I was wondering if I could have a word about the" he looked at me cautiously "you know"

"I do, shall we go somewhere privately" he doesn't ask he tells the man as he gets up "go mingle, flower" he orders me and walks off.

I sit at the table not really sure what to do, looking at my glass of champagne. "Lorelai?" I look up to Devin "I'm sorry about earlier... I didn't know he would turn like that" I just stare blankly at him "do you need anything?" I shook my head "are you sure, anything. You name it?"

"Shall I tell you what I want?" He nods "I want to get out of here, I want to get little Clara out of here. I want to go home." I tell him bitterly

"I can't do that..." He looks at the floor

"Thought you said anything?"

"Yeah but..."

"Leave me alone" I turn away from him on my chair

"Chase has been looking for you; he came by again the other day. He wants you and Clara"

"Tell him" I say without turning around

"Tell him what?"

"Where I am"

"I can’t-" I cut him off

"Tell him where I am, where his daughter is and tell him I'm going to get her out"

"I will..." I hear him walk away and I turn back to face the room, people close by are staring at me and I give them a sarcastic smile before downing my champagne. I sat alone for another hour with various different people coming to greet me then going back to gossip with others, then a man I hadn't spoken to came up to me

"Would you mind coming with me? Terry wants you" I nod and get up following him out the giant doors. We walk down the hallway until we get to the stairs "follow these instructions carefully, go down the bottom floor, go to the fifth hidden door on the second hallway, follow the door all the way to the end, then there will be a door that leads outside, when your outside find the tunnel in the edge of the bushes follow the tunnel" he tells me "I have to go now, don't remember my face" the man turns back and leaves me alone, do I just go back to the party? Or follow his instructions? "Down to the bottom, fifth on the second" I start mumbling to myself. I go with my gut feeling and walk down the stairs...

My hair blew in the breeze as I stared into the pitch black tunnel, was it safe? What would I find at the other end? How long is it? I look up at the starry sky; I don't even know what time it is. I take a deep breath, what's the worst that could happen? I'm sure worst has happened to me. I took baby steps into the tunnel; I had to crouch down in my heels. I kept the wall, stumbling in the darkness, I still couldn't see the end of the tunnel, I walked into a wall "ow" I rubbed my forehead, I felt around the wall until it was open again, I carried on walking, keeping one arm on the wall and one out in front, the tunnel was getting smaller and smaller, I turned round another corner and I saw a opening, it wasn't light but I could feel the air now, I crawled as fast as I could and climbed out standing up I looked around at my surroundings, I was in a country lane.