Cancer (f) x Leo (m): Shut Up And Dance With Me [songfic]

(Requested)

Big thank you to SuperNovaStars who thought of the storyline!

Song:
Shut Up And Dance With Me by Walk The Moon

This = song lyrics

----

Oh, don't you dare look back
Just keep your eyes on me
I said, "your holding back"
She said, "shut up and dance with me"
This woman is my destiny
She said, "ooh,
shut up and dance with me"

Cancer bit her lip, looking over at one of the tables with purple cloths where Leo and a few of his friends were sitting. Cancer was stuck between walking up to Leo to ask him to dance and staying by her table alone.

Cancer brought her gaze farther away, seeing multiple couples dancing together. Oh, how she wanted to be over there with Leo, dancing to a slow song and falling in love.

Cancer sighed at the thought, knowing she would never have the guts to ask Leo to dance. She brought her gaze to the empty chair next to her where Pisces had been sitting only a few minutes ago. Even she had the guts to ask someone to dance.

She looked over at the couples dancing again, seeing Pisces and Scorpio dancing and laughing, and overall having the time of their lives. Cancer furrowed her eyebrows and balled her fists at the sight. If Pisces has the guts to ask someone to dance, then so do I, she thought, before standing up, a sudden boost of confidence rushing through her.

We were victims of the night
The chemical, physical kryptonite
Help us to the bass and the faded light
Oh, we were born to get together

She made her way to Leo's table, who was unaware of the small girl approaching him. He was laughing with his friends before he felt someone pull him up and out of his chair.

She took my arm
I don't know how it happened
We took the floor and she said,
"oh, don't you dare look back
Just keep your eyes on me"
I said, "your holding back"
She said, "shut up and dance with me"
This woman is my destiny
She said, "ooh,
shut up and dance with me"

Leo looked at Cancer in slight shock. Cancer wasn't the only one who thought she didn't have the guts to do something like that. Leo opened his mouth to talk, but was cut off by Cancer.

"Shut up and dance with me," she ordered, wrapping her arms around Leo's neck as a slow song started right on queue. A small smile formed on Leo's lips, placing his hands on Cancer's waist.

A backless dress and some beat-up sneaks
My disco-tech, Juliet teenage dream
I felt it in my chest as she looked at me
I knew we were born to be together

Cancer's boost of confidence disappeared and she instantly brought her gaze to the floor, her cheeks turning fifty shades of red. Leo couldn't hold back a smile seeing Cancer's blush as his heart did cartwheels in his chest.

She took my arm
I don't know how it happened
We took the floor and she said,
"oh, don't you dare look back
Just keep your eyes on me"
I said, "your holding back"
She said, "shut up and dance with me"
This woman is my destiny
She said, "ooh,
shut up and dance with me"

Deep in her eyes,
I think I see the future
I realized,
this is my last chance

Leo put his finger under Cancer's chin, gently lifting her face up. Their eyes met, causing both of them to blush. Leo sent Cancer a warm smile, causing Cancer to also smile despite the growing blush on her cheeks.

"You know, I'm a little surprised you forced me to dance," Leo explained, his warm smile turning into more of a smirk.

Cancer's blush grew and she frantically avoided eye contact, causing Leo's smirk to widen. "J-just shut up and dance with me."

She took my arm
I don't know how it happened
We took the floor and she said,
"oh, don't you dare look back,
Just keep your eyes on me"
I said, "your holding back"
She said, "shut up and dance with me"
This woman is my destiny
She said, "ooh,
shut up and dance with me"

The song ended and Cancer was ready to run away when Leo grabbed her arm, causing her to look back at the smirking Leo.

"We should do this again," he said, before planting a kiss on Cancer's cheek and walking away, leaving Cancer in awe. She brought her hand to where Leo had kissed her, a smile growing on her face, knowing that was a night she would never forget.

----

I shortened the song a little at the end... Hope you don't mind! Anyway, I hope you liked it!

Requests? Ideas? Storylines? Tell me!

- Kate ⭐️