Chapter10

We are sitting in my room and I'm debating whether or not to bring up his cool new hair color hehe. "Aebree?"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for yesterday. I just got a huge feeling of rejection and it seemed like you just didn't want to"

"Holt. Of course I like you. I told you I had some things to take care of first and that's why I said no. I promise."

"Okay. I won't push it anymore."

"Thank you but Holt, I do have to go do something today."

"Like?"

"I, uh, I promised Avery we could hang out today."

"Oh well me and Austin can hang with you guys can't we?"

"He isn't able to go. He had to stay home and help his mom."

"Oh okay well I have to go get ready for something else anyways. I just remembered what I had planned." For some reason I felt as if he was just saying that out of hurt but at the same time when I looked in his eyes I saw something like fear and confidence at the same time."

"Like?"

"I have to go hang out with one of my pals Garret."

"Oh okay. Well I will text you when I'm home."

"And I'll come straight to you." For some reason I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks and his smirk confirmed it. He got up as did I and he leant it for a kiss. I blushed more and I could tell he seen because right before our lips met he smiled. He had his hands on either side of my face, gently holding me still. I put my hands over his and he pulled away giving me a quick peck. "I'll be waiting for that text."

"I'll text as soon as I can." We both smiled and he left to go to his house to get changed I guess. I put on a pair of black cutoffs and a white t shirt with a weird design of a yin and yang symbol. I put on black high top converse and a dark grey jacket to cover up the gun in the back on my pants. I had a really pretty white gun. The only color on it was light blue. The light blue was the side of the handle. I grabbed my phone and put it in my back pocket. I grabbed a few knives and put them in my shoes, hence the reason for high tops. I ran out the door and I saw Avery waiting in front of my driveway so I hopped in her car. "Heya girl."

"Hi Avery."

"What's wrong?"

"Just nervous." She pulled out and we headed to the warehouse. "Okay, very understandable."

"Yep."

"You do know we have to meet two gang leaders today and tomorrow right?"

"We do?"

"Oh yeah, you weren't there for that meeting."

"Why wasn't I? I am the leader ya know."

"I know but I wanted to do something for once so I had everyone come in and it was gonna be a surprise for you because you have been working too hard. I called the leader of the Black Knights and we are meeting them another day. We are meeting the flaggers today."

"Okay well thank you and hm, I might need to have you arrange these things more often." She smiled big and she sped up and we both smiled big at that. We were racing a car beside of us and they just lost. I gave them the finger and we went on a little faster. Oh my. I wish Holt was able to do this with me.

Holts P.O.V.

Since Aebree had to go hang with Avery and the other leader had to reschedule, I decided to actually hang out with Garret. We were playing video games in my den. "Ha I smoked your ass again."

"Come at me bro." He puffed out his chest and I chuckled. "I think I already came at you and won."

"Shuddup." I laughed again and heard my doorbell. I quickly ran to the door and opened it hoping to see Aebree but instead it was Ashton. "Ashton? What are you doing here?"

"Oh baby did you miss me that much?" She said sarcastically.

"Actually I did miss you. But I got over you. Especially after what you did."

"Holt, don't hold that against me forever. You know you want me back and that what I did was a huge mistake."

"Yeah, well why'd you do it?"

"Because I was drunk and did something stupid. Don't act like you haven't done something stupid before."

"Not as stupid as what you did."

"You're in a gang Holt. You have done a lot worse. Hate to see what would happen if Aebree found out."

"You wouldn't. You are my ex and she is the one I want now."

"If you want to keep her safe I suggest you come back to me."

"Go to hell."

"Bitch I already went there and came back."

"Fuck off Ashton. Oh wait you already did."

"Giver her up and come back to me or she will be gone forever."

"Fine! Now leave before I do something we will both regret."

"See ya babe." I slammed the door in her face and teared up. I'm gonna have to let her go and seeing me with Ashton will hurt her. Oh great. Garrett came from my room but didn't question me and I was glad.

Aebrees P.O.V.

"Miss Aebree right?"

"Yes."

"It's nice to meet the leader of the Midnights. I have heard a lot about you."

"Good I hope?"

"Very good indeed."

"So what is the reason we met?"

"Well, I wanted to see the competition I have."

"What do you mean competition?"

"The Black Knights my dear. I want to be able to kill the leader but you have already gotten one step closer than I have. If you get any closer I will have to do something about it."

"Sir, how does this make me competition?"

"Well, it makes you competition because I have been trying for years to get close enough to kill him. He doesn't know about that though and the only girl gang leader in this country has got him almost completely wrapped around her finger."

"So. It just means he thinks he can take advantage of me because I'm a girl, but you he would have more trouble with."

"I'm gonna keep an eye on you Aebree. Remember, if you get closer to him, I get closer to you."

"Got it. Well see ya later."

"Until next time." He said this without even looking at me and put his feet up on his desk. Dipwad. I frowned and walked out. "How'd it go?" Austin walked over to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Good I guess. I have to text Holt and ask him to meet me at mine in a few minutes. Can we just go home now?"

"I'll take you home hun. Let's go."

*******************************

An hour later I was home so I texted Holt.

Aebree: Hey I'm home. Wanna come over?

Holt: Sure and I need to talk to you about something.

Aebree: Okay....? Hurry up then, I'm curious now..

Holt: At the door.

Aebree: Kk

I bounded down the stairs and opened the door to see a scared and upset looking Holt but he quickly masked his emotions and stepped in. Uh oh this can't be good.