8

[eight]

"i think i'm in love with them," bambam said. "every single one of them."

jackson shoved bambam's shoulder, scowling at him cutely.

"yah! you can't have all of them!" he scolded.

the boys were laying around the living room on a sunny thursday afternoon. the girls next door had gone out to do something, so the boys couldn't entertain themselves by bothering them.

"why not," bambam stuck out his tongue. "do you like one of them?"

mark smacked bambam's chest and the younger boy winced.

"well, i think jinyoung-hyung likes one of them..." bambam sang, a sinister smile stretching across his face. "everytime i looked at him he was staring at eu-"

jinyoung through a pillow in bambam's direction, silencing him.

"one of them looks so familiar..." yugyeom pondered.

"there are a lot of places where you could've seen such plain girls," jaebum scoffed from the recliner he was occupying.

"죽을래 [wanna die]?" jackson threatened.

"뭐 [what]?" jaebum shot up in his seat but jinyoung pushed him back down.

"our noonas are pretty," youngjae grinned, ignoring the scene behind him where jaebum was struggling against jinyoung's hold.

a creaking doorknob could be heard throughout the room. the maknae line looked around at each other excitedly before getting to their feet and scrambling to the curtain that separated the condos.

"noonas!" youngjae screeched as they raced to the girls.

"you know, some of us are dongsaeng to you," nana pointed out with a roll of her eyes.

"donsaeng?" does that make us oppa?" bambam marveled. "who is younger than eighteen?"

sooyeon was shoved to the front of their group by eunji. she had an annoyed scowl plastered on her face.

"yeodongsaeng!" youngjae, bambam, and yugyeom cheered simultaneously, wrapping their arms around sooyeon who didn't look happy about the situation.

"sookie and areum are eighteen," eunji said, sticking her tongue out at sookie who had her bottom lip jutted out.

"작은 자매 [little sisters]!" youngjae's smile widened, seeing that he wasn't part of the maknae line when they were with the girls.

yugyeom squinted, peering at sookie through his lashes like he was having an internal battle.

"um.. is there something on my face..?" sookie questions, lacing her fingers together behind her back.

"soo-kie," he said slowly.

"eunsook, what is this guy doing?" eunji interjected.

"eunsook!" yugyeom exclaimed. "sookie-ah, how did i not recognize you?"

sookie tilted her head back and let out a bubbly laugh. "it's about time, yug."

"did you-- did you grow out your hair?" he stuttered.

"what is this?" sooyeon asked.