9

[nine]

after she had woken up about three times due to nightmares about jaebum jumping out and screaming at her, nari decided it was no use trying to sleep.

she prided herself particularly in her emotional stability, but when it came to loud noises, especially yelling, she shook with fear. of course, jaebum didn't know anything about her so she couldn't blame him.

nari rolled out of bed, pulling on her favorite light wash jeans and rolling them up at the ankle. she adjusted the pastel pink sweater she'd worn to bed and grabbed a matching hat, placing it over her short blonde hair. her face was clear of makeup, just the way she liked it. the only thing missing was her favorite drink.

quietly, nari snuck out of the room, sliding a stray pair of shoes onto her feet on the way to the kitchen.

she opened the fridge, eyes finding the purple sticky note that marked the bottles of strawberry milk she purchased routinely.

nari hummed a tune as she made her way outside, climbing onto a chair and lifting herself onto the roof. she made her way towards the center of the platform before laying back and folding her hands over her stomach.

"nari," she heard someone whisper from below her. "psst, nari-yah."

she peered over the roof's ledge, only to see jackson standing on the lawn near the mailbox with a few letters in his hand.

"why are you checking the mail at four thirty in the morning?" nari asked skeptically.

"why are you on the roof at four thirty in the morning?" he fired back, a devious grin stretching across his cheeks and up to his big brown eyes.

"nightmares," she admitted, twisting the cap of the strawberry milk in her hand and taking a sip.

"ah," jackson sighed. "nightmares of our leader?"

nari let her legs dangle from the roof, looking away from jackson, embarrassed at what her answer would be.

"ne," she mumbled, hoping jackson wouldn't push it any further.

he moved towards her until he was almost directly underneath her swaying legs.

"what do you say we get back at him?" the mischievous glint in jackson's eyes surprised her in a way that made her stomach churn.

he reached his hand up to her and she took it, tucking her strawberry milk into her belt loop before taking a chance and sliding off the side of the roof.

jackson's arms flexed as he caught her by the waist and steadied her feet on the ground.

"how will we do that?" nari quizzed when she was released from his grip.

"come with me," jackson held his hand out to nari.

she looked at his outstretched palm for a moment, wondering what exactly this boy was going to get her into. in the end, she conceded, lacing her fingers with his.

-

[a few hours later]

-

"jaebum-ah, it's grocery day," a cheerful seokmin sang, knocking on jaebum and jinyoung's bedroom door.

all of the other boys had long since woken up to chat with the girls next door, leaving jaebum curled up under his blankets in a raging ball of grumpiness.

"why does that concern me?" he muttered groggily, not loud enough for seokmin to hear.

"oppa," seokmin whined. "don't make me do aegyo for you to come out of your room."

jaebum could feel his limbs shifting but he wasn't certain he was the one in control of them. he got up from his mattress and cracked the door. all the while, feeling as if something had taken control of him.

"aegyo?" he heard himself ask.

seokmin's eyes widened at the sight of him before she split into laughter, clutching her stomach as the noise bubbled from her lips.

"what?" jaebum shouted in sheer confusion. "what?"

"you look-" she paused to let another chuckle escape. "you look pretty."

jaebum raised his brows before rushing to a restroom to look in the mirror. as soon as he flicked on the light, an outraged yell ripped through him.

someone had made up jaebum's face. the leader was even wearing a bra.

his eyes flickered to every single wrong doing, concluding that a boy and girl must have worked together to do this.

"yah!" he busted through the bathroom door and everyone's eyes landed on him.

he stomped his way to the living room where the girls and the boys were previously playing xbox.

the girls broke into a fit of laughter while the boys tried to hold it in, knowing that they would regret mocking their leader.

jaebum was covered in glitter, plastic jewels stuck to his face. his lips were shaded a dark red and the black liquid lining his eyelids winged out dramatically. his hair was tousled with bows and clips placed randomly on his scalp, bright pink blush contouring his cheekbones.

"teach me how to contour, senpai!" one of the girls giggled.

jackson's hand shot out to cover the girl's mouth.

jaebum's face went red with anger, fists clenching at his side. seokmin appeared behind him, placing a hand on his forearm.

"oppa," she said in her cutest voice. "take a shower and then we'll go to the store." she shook his arm, tilting her head to the side and smiling all the way up to her eyes.

"put the aegyo away," nana groaned, shielding her eyes.

jaebum's scowl softened and he offered a small nod, leaving the room. everyone stared in bewilderment, the boys wondering where seokmin had been all their lives.

[a/n]
ive been slacking so here's this

lil lengthy, lil boring
sorry bout it

but i'm hella sick so

- luna