22

[twenty two]

jackson was livid and nari was terrified. what jackson wanted to do was beat mark into a bloody pulp, but he knew that wouldn't make nari any better.

he wanted to see her smiling again but her facial expression was blank and her eyes lacked emotion. nari didn't understand why her eonni would want to scare her like that.

so, jackson decided that the only way to fix things was to lighten the mood with a few pranks.

he'd already sketched out his plans and shown them to nari. she was unresponsive for the most part, nothing but occasional sniffles. but she did crack a tiny smile when she saw jackson's plan for mark. jackson took that as nari's approval and got to work on the pranks.

"hello! pilsuk, from the furry emporium speaking, how may i help you?"

that's right. jackson had gone that far. he had dialed 1-800-RENT-A-FURRY into the phone and crossed his fingers.

jackson cleared his throat, contorting his voice to sound softer. "hi my name is mark tuan and i'd like to rent a furry," he said.

"okay! would you like to purchase the standard rental for one hour, the deluxe rental for two hours, or the vip package?"

jackson tapped his chin in thought. "do you mind explaining the vip package to me?" he asked, eyes sparkling with mischief.

"of course," the person on the other end of the receiver said enthusiastically. "the vip package is a one to two hour rental where we send the furry of your choice. our worker will also have the pleasure of performing a small routine for the customer in full costume."

jackson's grin reached his eyes.

"i'll take the vip package."

mark rolled over in his bed, rubbing his eyes groggily. youngjae had woken up early to have breakfast with areum and seokmin; jackson had surprisingly let him sleep in.

he smirked slightly at the thought of his and nana's prank on jackson and nari. he'd finally put jackson in his place and had gotten closer to nana in the process.

mark stretched his arms, a smug smile on his lips.

weirdly enough, he felt the presence of another in his room. cautiously, he propped himself up on his elbows and willed his eyes to open fully.

there— in the corner, was mark's worst nightmare. the oldest boy screeched, scrambling out of bed and to the far side of the room.

"good morning sloth boy, i am kwang, the wise snow owl," the thing introduced himself.

kwang was decked out in grey-white feathers, badly glued to his arms, back, head, legs, and chest. a big yellow beak was positioned over his nose with an elastic string. the man was in nothing but tight, white underwear. his thick beard was painted white to match the feathers plastered onto his chest hair and his pudgy beer gut.

"u-um," mark stammered. "kwang-ssi, what are you doing in my room?"

the bird man cleared his throat and put his hands on his hips confidently.

"i'm here because i've been summoned by you, mark tuan-ssi."

kwang lifted his arms like wings and bobbed his head back and forth. "squaw!" kwang began 'soaring' around mark's room. kwang's thicc thighs shook with every heavy step he took as he bounded across the area.

mark was panicking.

but who wouldn't panic if someone like kwang the wise snow owl suddenly showed up in their bedroom and began galloping around?

"kwang!" mark yelled. "please, get out!"

kwang cocked his head to the side. "squaw?"

without warning, kwang began to do high kicks, side to side. he let out happy 'squaw's between kicks, bobbing his head joyfully.

kwang gradually came closer to mark, and naturally, mark moved away from him, ending up right on the bed where he started.

mark screamed when kwang jumped onto his bed, landing on his knees, straddling mark's legs.

"squaw! squaw!" kwang pecked at the air before squatting down and beginning to grind on mark's ankles.

on instinct, mark kicked kwang in the goods. the bird man let out a strangled 'squaw', and flapped his arms furiously in the air.

kwang ripped off his beak and scowled at mark. "sir, you have broken rule number seventeen and violated our contract. i'm afraid our time is cut short and a refund is not possible."

mark watched, wide eyed, as kwang the bird man got up and angrily threw his satchel over his shoulder, stomping out the door.

[a/n]

I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN 636843345345 YEARS

DEDICATED TO -thejudge- BECAUSE THIS WAS ALL JC'S IDEA

*VIGOROUS CLAPPING LIKE A MANIAC*

i love you jc thanks for the inspo!!!

- lazy luna