11

[eleven]

jaebum had performed a deep cleanse while he was in the shower. although, the deep cleanse consisted only of violently scrubbing his face and hair. no matter how thoroughly he went through his hair, the glitter seemed to be infinite, falling endlessly to the shower floor.

finally, after he'd given up on the glitter and dried himself off, he blow dried his hair and threw on a pair of worn light wash skinny jeans and a deep navy blue sweater.

he ruffled his hair until it was perfectly tousled, then applied deodorant and cologne, brushing his teeth afterwards.

for some reason, he wanted to look good. maybe because he felt like he would run into a fan at the grocery store?

their was a knock on the bathroom door.

"are you done yet, slowpoke?" seokmin teased.

jaebum opened the door and stepped around seokmin without acknowledging her, giving the girl a whiff of his cologne.

the scent tickled her nose to the point of sneezing. seokmin shook it off before trailing behind jaebum.

when she caught up to him she nudged his shoulder slightly.

"eager to buy our groceries?" she asked when jaebum pushed through the front door.

"eager to get it over with," he lied.

seokmin ignored him. "that one," she said, pointed to a small beat up truck parked on the curb.

"keys," he requested plainly.

"why do you need the keys? i'm driving," seokmin questioned.

"i'll drive," he deadpanned, taking the keys from seokmin and climbing into the driver's seat.

she sighed, walking around to the passenger seat and humming as she opened the door and got in, buckling her seatbelt.

jaebum started the car and put it in drive, it started to beep rhythmically, signaling that someone didn't have their seatbelt on. seokmin stared at jaebum pointedly but again, he ignored her.

she unbuckled her seatbelt and reached over jaebum, wrapping the safety strip around his torso and fastening it. seokmin buckled herself once again, sitting comfortably.

jaebum swallowed nervously, moving to turn on the radio to fill the silence.

"i love this song," seokmin murmured.

immediately, jaebum changed the station. seokmin slapped his hand away and turned it back.

he pressed his toe lightly against the gas pedal and set off to the grocery store.

troublemaker by hyuna and hyunseung blared through the speakers. seokmin danced and hummed along to the song enthusiastically.

"this gives me an idea," she noted, glancing over jaebum who kept his eyes on the road. "you guys can dance, right? got seven?"

"um," jaebum scoffed, offended. "do you not remember the dance competition we had?"

"well i do but i don't remember anything impressive," she admitted.

jaebum parked the car in an open space fairly close to the store's entrance.

"we can dance," he paused when he saw seokmin's doubtful look. "well."

not wanting to argue, seokmin unbuckled and got out of the truck. jaebum followed behind her, tucking his (thicc) wallet into his back pocket reluctantly.

when they entered the store, seokmin pulled out a long grocery list to which jaebum groaned.

he pushed the cart, seokmin skipping in front of him, pulling things off of the shelves and piling them into the cart. while they were going through the frozen foods section, a tall and built man was rifling through the meats. he looked over his shoulder, revealing narrow eyes and crooked yellow teeth to pair with his long face and creepy smile.

seokmin didn't seem to notice him, too busy looking through the various ice cream brands and flavors.

the man was staring her down in a not-so-subtle manner, making jaebum's mood flip to downright annoyed, disgusted, and angry. even more so than he normally was.

seokmin stood on her tiptoes to reach the chocolate ice cream, she was just about to grasp it, after all, she was fairly tall. the man walked behind seokmin and jaebum watched him with caution. he watched, heat rising to the tips of his ears, as the man snuck his hands around seokmin's hips and lifted her slightly.

oblivious, seokmin snatched the tub of ice cream and turned around, shooting the man a perfect smile.

"thank you, sir," she bowed 90° before sauntering back over to the cart and setting the ice cream inside.

the man started to walk around her again and jaebum's eyes never left him, not even to blink. seokmin was too occupied with looking over the items in the cart to notice the man reach out to smack her butt.

jaebum caught the man's hand swiftly, glaring into his beady eyes. the man growled, tearing his hand away from jaebum.

"jaebum-ah!" seokmin gasped.

"i just wanted a chance to greet such a pretty lady," the man said, bowing to her.

"thank you, sir. i'm so sorry that jaebum was being rude to you," she apologized.

jaebum scoffed.

"he was just about to—" the man cut jaebum off quickly.

"—tap on your shoulder. i guess your boyfriend is very protective of you," the man nodded, taking a step back.

"oh, he's not—" seokmin tried to correct him but jaebum wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her to his side, giving her a brief kiss on the cheek.

"i am. so back off," jaebum tilted his head to the side, smiling crookedly.

seokmin stood as still as a statue, her lips parted and eyes wide at jaebum's actions. he used her paralyzed state to his advantage, tugging her away from the man and pushing the cart along with him. they left the man behind in the cold foods section, making their way to checkout.

[a/n]

I'M BACK BITCHES

ok this chapter has 2 parts so be prepared for that !!

but yikes! sexual harassment is a no no

bye [stan ikon]

- luna