An Unexpected Gift

Heaven POV

"Ma!" I chuckled walking into the house. "Hey baby. I'll come get you after I get the groceries." Chance sat on the floor with his head bobbing and Caution was on the couch behind him sleep.

"Come here." I picked Chance up after locking the door. "What you did to daddy? Cause he is knocked out." I giggled which made him laugh. "Baby, mommy gotta cook." I placed him on the counter and washed my hands. "Eat!" Chance screamed when he saw the packet of bananas. "Here." I opened the banana and gave him a small piece.

"Muah!" He smiled when I kissed his forehead.

*

"Angel?" I looked at the clock to see it was a little after 6pm. "Hey sleepyhead." He came behind me and kissed my cheek. "Where's Chance?" "Upstairs asleep. How was your nap?" I chuckled. "Straight. Yo son wore me out." I shook my head. "I was gone for an hour." I looked at him. "You know how much he can do in an hour?" I shrugged. "Don't do my baby."

"What all this for?" He motioned towards the food. "I can't cook now?" I questioned. "Of course. Yeah go ahead." He put his hands up in surrender. "Go sit to the table, I'll make your plate." "Ight."

-

"You never fail to put yo damn draws in yo food Angel damn." Caution grumbled as he was on his third plate for the night. "I see." I mashed some yams up and fed it to Chance.

"I'll be back. Feed your son." I got up. "Where you going?" He asked. "Go give Hay a plate." "That's a lil walk." "I know. I'll be fine."

"Who is it?" "Me. Who you expecting?" I laughed when I heard the locks click. "Hey." She greeted me stepping aside. "Hola. I just came to give you a plate. I cooked tonight." I gave her the wrapped up plate of food. "Oh thanks. This will be my lunch for tomorrow."

"Where you going?" I asked looking at her outfit. "I actually just came back from a date." She nodded her head and I looked to see some guy sitting in the living room. I casually made my way to him.

"Hello." I shook in front of him. "Uh hi." He stood up and shook my hand. "What's your name?" I folded my hands across my chest. "Um Anthony." I heard Hayden giggle. "I'm Heaven, Hayden's older sister. May I ask what are you doing here, with her, on my property?" I smirked when I saw the nervousness in his face. "Well I-" I cut him off.

"What are your intentions what my baby sister? You know she has a son right?" I questioned. "Yeah, I know. I'm actually-" I cut him off again. "She's been through a lot. I don't need anyone trying to hurt her." "Heav let him talk." Hay laughed.

"Okay I'm just playing with you. Tell me about yourself." I sat down on the coffee table. "Well I've known Hay since high school, we were actually dating. I just transferred here to go to UM, playing football."

"Hay is he H-Jay's father?" I asked, making sure my assumptions are correct. "Yeah." She mumbled and he grinned. "So you're the one she lived with?" I asked. "Yes I am." "Hmm okay. I'm just telling you now, once you in, there's no going out. Either you take care of my sister and nephew or you leave my family alone. I know you in school right and I'm already taking care of them financially. But you... physically and emotionally." I spoke. "Yes I know." He agreed.

"Well I have to get back home, I'll see you tomorrow Hay. Nice meeting you Anthony."

"What took you so long?" "She was there with some boy. I wanted to make sure everything was okay." I told him. He was still sitting at the table feeding that greedy mouth of his. "Oh. Who was he?" He asked. "H-Jay's dad." "Forreal?" "Yeah. He seems like a nice guy." I told him. "Ima have to talk to him. Ion need anything else to happening to y'all." He says. "I know." I pushed his plate back and straddled his lap.