Chapter 40

Heaven POV

"I have to say that I am terribly sor... whoa." He caught me when my body went numb. He allowed me to cry on his hard chest as he sat on the ground with my body close to his.

"I got her." He informed whoever stood behind me.

"Ssh. It's okay. Your baby girl's fine. She's fine mom." I sniffed as he rubbed my back.

"She's alive?"

"Yes. Very much so."

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"No don't be." He chuckled. "I shouldn't have started off like that." He wiped my tears.

"Yeah you shouldn't have." I laughed a little. I probably looked a hot ass mess.

"I just wanted to apologize for all the worry and stress Dr. Kingsley has cause you and your family. I'm sorry I wasn't straight forward with it. You be surprised how back I am with words considering that fact that I'm a doctor."

I giggled and agreed with him.

"Maybe we should get up?" He suggested.

"Yes." I stood and he followed.

"Can I go see her?"

"Of course. You've been waiting all day and night. But I must warn you, she is still in NICU hooked up to a few machines to help with her breathing." I sighed deeply but then nodding.

"I'm going to go tell my aunt I'm headed back there."

"Go ahead, I'll be waiting here." I nodded and gave a small smile.

"What he say?" Aunt Rose rushed to me.

"She's fine." I let out.

The entire room let out a much needed breathe.

"He said I can go see her, can you come with me?" I asked her.

"Yeah, let's go."

"What happened?" I asked as we walked back.

"Well, first thing's first, your aunt was right about the birth. Instead of pushing and giving a natural birth, you were supposed to have an emergency Caesarean section. The fact that your son's umbilical cord was wrapped around your daughter's neck would've been easily seen on the ultrasound he did not give you."

"Scumbag." I laughed at my aunt.

"That he was, so I suggested you get the best lawyer you can find and sue his ass. But that didn't come from me." He added.

Once I was in contact, my hand was over my mouth and my body was right back into the arms of the doctor.

"You gotta be strong." He whispered in my ear.

"What happened to my baby?" I know he told me she was hooked up, but I didn't think it was this bad.

"Because she was taking out of our care too soon, her lungs weren't given the proper time to develop. Without you even knowing it, she was having problems breathing. Once she got here, she was given immediate attention. We first had to revive her, but she responded quickly. We took your sons in because we wanted to check their lungs and heart because Cali was suffering in those two important factors. Your sons are perfectly healthy, your daughter, however, needs to stay here and be monitored for at least two weeks." I sighed and cried, taking this all in.

"She's fine." I felt my aunt rubbing my back.

"I know. Thank you so much." I looked up at the doctor to see him already looking down at me.