Chapter 34

Heaven POV

"Okay what's going on? Heav who is he?" Ajay asked after we heard a room door slam.

"Um, still weird for me to say. But this is Harold, our father." I said slowly.

Her eyes grew as wide as they possibly could.

"But I thought.." She started.

"We all did." I mumbled.

"I'm going to talk to Harvey." I walked passed her and went up to their bedroom.

"Harv." I called out.

"Heaven I'm good." Was all he said.

I sighed and kicked off my shoes and joined in the bed with him.

"When the last time yall had sex in these sheets?" I asked him.

"2 minutes ago." I rolled my eyes and got comfortable on his chest.

"Daddy showed up to the house last week and I fainted once I saw him." I said after a moment of silence.

"He's supposed to be dead Heav." He spoke.

"I know. How you think I felt about it?" I looked up at him.

"I don't want to talk to him." I shrugged.

"I completely understand. The man been staying in my house and I just talked to him for the first time yesterday. I ain't pressuring you to do anything just like no one pressured me to speak to him. But I just want you to know that daddy is pretty much alive." He slightly groaned.

"This is just too much." He started coughing.

"You need some water or something?" I asked getting worried.

"Nah. I'm good." I sighed.

"Well I guess we'll go. I don't know how Jay's feeling down there by herself with him. We were actually going to Hay's next and I wanted you to be there when they met so I guess we won't go now. Because if I fainted and you kicked him out, out of anger I have no clue how she'll react. Considering what all she went through going up." He nodded.

"I don't want to seem selfish but I'm not ready to accept the fact that he's actually alive." I agreed.

"Understandable. I guess I'll see you later then?" I began to get out the bed.

"Yeah. I'll call you." He stood and came to give me a hug.

"Okay."

"I love you sis." I smiled.

"I love you too bro."

After leaving his room and speaking to Heather about me leaving instead of playing around with her, I took my time getting down the stairs.

"Let's go." I announced.

"He's not talking huh?" Daddy asked.

  "Nope. As you can see, seeing you made us angry." I said without thinking. 

Harvey POV

"Babe?" Jay was standing at the door.

"I'm fine." I sighed.

She pouted lightly before getting in the bed and straddling my lap.

"I know you, you're not fine baby. It's okay to be angry with him. However, you do not know his story." She ran her over my face softly.

"Jay you don't understand." I grabbed her hand and just held it.

"Well help me understand Harvey."

"His apparent death, sent my sisters through hell. You don't think I'ma be mad at the fact that their lives wouldn't have been fucked up if he was alive? And since he's all of sudden alive, what about my mother Jay? Huh? Where have they been this entire time? What happened in that bedroom that night? I'm just so confused and that makes me angry.

Going to the Army was the way I coped with my parents death. If I would have known this I wouldn't have went to the Army. I would been home with my wife and daughter, trying to make more babies. I wouldn't have been diagnosed from fucking lung cancer due to all the shit that happened while I served my time. I would've finished college. Had my engineering career. Would've been building all types of cars. But that ain't happen. None of the shit happened. However my sisters were still left with a fucked up childhood." I vented.

"Babe." I looked up to see tears falling down her face.

"Things happened for a reason. Plus you weren't in touch with Hayden. You can't hold all that against your father or even yourself. Harv, the doctors said you are cancer-free you heard me? Free from cancer! You can do anything you want to. Just like when you first said you were going to the Army, I was there, asking if you were sure. I'm here now, and I will always be here for you. If you wanna go to school, I will be the first one cheering you on. I just want you to be happy."

I sighed, taking in all she said. Although I wasn't over the situation, I was just going to agree with her.

"Alright." She smiled and kissed my lips.

"I love you Mr. Carter." I laughed lightly.

"I love you too Mrs. Carter."