Chapter 2-dinner

I glanced over at the clock '5:58' is what it read. 

"MOM! ARE YOU READY?!" I yelled through the house. 

"COMING!" She replied almost immediately. She came out of her room wearing a simple red tank top dress that went to her knees and a black clutch purse. I hadn't changed since I gave them the cookies.

We showed up at 6:00 sharp. My mom and I were sitting on their couch after being let in by the woman but she hurriedly rushed off into a room. I was looking around the house, they had started unpacking, there were pictures and vases here and there. I heard a door open and our heads snapped towards the noise. It was just the lady. My mom and her started talking. I had no interest in their conversation so I took my phone out and plugged in my headphones I always kept on me. I sat as I listened to my favorite song by Greenday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

I was listening to the song when someone took out one of my earbuds. 

"Hey!" I protested, turning to see my mom holding it. 

"Andy, have you introduced yourself yet?" My mom asked. 

"No," I said shifting my gaze from my mom and turning my attention the lady. "Hi, I'm Andreah, but please call me Andy." I said sticking my hand out for her to shake. 

She shook my hand,"I'm Emma Cadman. But don't use Ms.Cadman, it makes me sound old. Please, call me Emma." A door shutting came from upstairs, everyone's heads turned towards the stairs.

That's when the god walked down.

His shirt sleeves were stretched around his biceps and it was obvious he had abs. 

"Ace! Where are you going?" His mom asked.

So that's his name, Ace.

"I'm meeting up with some friends." He said while looking me up and down before turning back to his mother. 

His voice was low and had a slight scratch to it but not too much, at the same time though it was smooth and slightly soothing.

"No, you are going to stay here and eat dinner with us. You can text them afterwards and invite them over. For now, go set up the table." His mom said making him huff then walk into what I assumed was the dining room. 

"Why don't you help him Andy while I help Emma in the kitchen." My mom said patting my knee. I put my earbud back in and walked off to the dining room.

I walked in and saw plates and silverware stacked on the table. Ace was grabbing cups out of a box. He hadn't noticed me yet so I just started setting up the table. He set up the cups and still hadn't noticed me which is strange because the plates were quite loud. I looked up and saw he had earbuds in too.

I wonder what he's listening to?

I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed more plates and set them out.

I had my back to Ace, grabbing another cup out of a box. I then felt a tap on my shoulder, I spun around and saw Ace taking out one of his earbuds. I soon took out one of mine also. "Yes?" I said sounding more annoyed than I meant to...but I mean he did interrupt my Green Day.

"Are you my new neighbor?" He asked.

"No, I am just a random girl who broke into your house and decided to set up the table." I snapped and put my hand on my right hip leaning all of my weight onto my right leg. He held up his hands as if to say that he was innocent. I just rolled my eyes and finished setting up the table.

"So what music are you listening to. No wait! Let me guess." He said. 

"Go ahead and try." I said knowing he will be incorrect. 

"Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez." He said smirking. 

"Nope. 21 guns by Green Day." I said putting my earbud back in. He stood there, the smirk wiped from his face and mouth slightly agape. "Close your mouth, your gonna catch flies." I said and he closed his mouth and sat down while sulking.

I sat across from him and started to play games on my phone.

Less than 5 minutes later our moms walked in with food. There was salad, lasagna, and grilled chicken all on separate plates. "Dig in!" Emma said.

I put a small amount of salad on my plate and some Italian dressing on it. I wasn't a big eater. Now don't get me wrong, if I wanted to or felt like it I could eat 20 horses but I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of Ace.

Wait. Why do I care what he thinks?

Probably because he is one of the hottest guys on earth and could embarrass me enough to ruin my life before I could snap my fingers. 

"Is that all your going to eat Andy?" Emma asked. I swallowed the piece of lettuce I was chewing. 

"Yeah. I'm not that big of a eater." I said shrugging my shoulders and going back to stabbing the leaves. Ace was giving me a strange look so I shot him a look that said 'What' he just shrugged his shoulders and resumed eating

<.>

It was about '7:50' when we got back home. After we ate Ace left saying something about picking up his friends while I sat with my mom as she talked to Emma.

I fell down on my bed and looked out my window. I just now noticed who got the room beside mine, Ace. "Great." I said sarcastically, dragging out the word. Our windows were only about 4 feet apart.

I walked into my bathroom and changed into my pjs, short white shorts with a loose crop top that said 'weekend, I love you' and put my hair in a messy bun.

I jumped onto my bed and landed face first on my pillow. "CRAP!" I yelled but it was muffled by the pillow, I forgot to take off my makeup. I lifted my head to see only a slight bit of eyeliner and mascara on the pillow case. I took off the pillow case and put a new one on it. I walked back into the bathroom and took off all of my makeup and washed my face.I crawled under my covers and fell asleep as soon as my head hit my pillow.