Chapter 24-Brian

I woke up from a nap and looked around, it was just me and Ace.

"Hey, Ace, wake up." I said shoving him lightly. He didn't wake up. "Ace wake up!" I yelled. He didn't even stir. "I guess you leave me no choice." I said and shoved him off of the bed and heard a 'thud' as he hit the ground.

"Gah!" He yelled standing up. I started laughing and he glared at me. "I gotta go home." He said and I watched him climb out of my window.

"Wow...grouch much." I said.

"I HEARD THAT!" He yelled slamming his window closed.

I laughed to myself and crawled out of bed.

"Ah!" I said jumping back in bed. It felt like I was in a freezer, it was so cold! I wrapped myself in a blanket so I looked like a sushi roll and waddled over to the thermostat. '54 degrees ferrenheit' is what it read.

What the actual fuck mom?!

I turned it up to 80 and walked down stairs still swaddled in my blanket.

I was going through my pantry, my blanket still around me, when my phone started vibrating indicating a call.

Now...I was not expecting it, I didn't even know I had my phone I thought it was still upstairs. I jumped into a karate stance, dropping my blanket and shouted

"HIYA!" That was when I realized it was just my phone and I was so happy no one was around to see that.

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and looked at the ID, 'Alex😜'

"Hey-" I said dragging out the word,
"Hey." She said sadly,
"Why so glum?" I asked not really wanting to hear the answer.
"I-I relapsed, Andy. Again. I don't want to fall down that hole again, help me! Save me!" She pleaded.

I automatically knew what she was talking about, she can't do this again. I won't let her.

"Who else knows?" I asked and she said no one else did, "Get your ass over here right now, I'm calling all the girls and the boys and we are all talking. Understoodd?! Good! Now get over here!" I said hanging up before she could protest. I called everyone else, they were all here in less than 10 minutes.

Alex knocked on my door and I yanked her inside.

"Show me! Now!" I said sternly and she held out her arms.

She had 6 cuts and 3 burns on the left and 4 cuts and 1 burn on the right.

"Why?" I asked my voice softer.
"I don't know. I-I-I just caught myself doing it, it was like something just came over me. I honestly have no idea." She said crying and the door bell rang again.

She walked into the living room and I opened the door, it was everyone else,

"Where is that bitch?!" Sammy asked running past me and into the living room.

"Uh oh." I mumbled and ran after her.

"How could you?!" Sammy yelled at Alex.

"I don't know, honestly Sam. Please, just...not right now." Alex said crying. Sammy tossed Alex a bag which she caught and opened. She offered a small smile to Sammy, "Thanks." She said pulling out a huge tub of chocolate ice cream. I ran to the kitchen and came back with a handful of spoons.

Everyone sat down around the living room and we all just talked laughed and had a good time, then my mind wandered back to the person who started this while depressing mess...Brian.

I whipped out my phone and walked into the bathroom and locked it. I typed in his number and listened to it ring, it rang until voicemail.

That's weird, Brian always answers his phone.

I then tried calling again, still no answer, and again, no answer. I eventually call his home phone and his mom answers.

"Hi, is this Brian's mom?" I ask politely.

"Y-Yes." She said, she sounded like she had been crying.

"May I speak with him?" I asked and she burst into tears.

"No, I am so sorry, Brian took his life a few days ago." My blood stopped and I went silent, it can't be because of...No...can it?

"Oh...I am so sorry, I didn't know, I am so sorry for your loss. Good bye ma'am." I said.

"Good bye." She said and I ended the call.

"SHIT!" I yelled and punched the wall, resulting in my fist leaving a small hole, but that is the least of my worries right now. I sit down on the toilet and put my head in my hands, I expect tears, sadness, anger, emotions, but I feel nothing. Someone could literally throw me off a building and when I hit the ground I wouldn't feel a thing. I think it was just a state of shock.

Three knocks came from the other side of the door,

"Hey, is everything okay in there?" It was Ace.

"No." I said.

"May I come in?" He asked trying the door but it didn't budge.

"No."

"Can you come out?" He asked.

I stood up and slumped over to the door. I swung it open and looked him in his eyes. He only had a few emotions, sadness, confusion, and worry. I could already tell mine were emotionless.

"What happened in there?" He asked looking at the hole in the wall.

"It's Brian, he-he is dead. Because of me." I said and that's when the tears came. They spilled from my eyes.

Now I know you are all confused, I mean we all hated Brian. But we just want him to know what he did was wrong, not to be dead. He was only 18, that's too young.

"Oh my." He said hugging me close. "Come on." He said lifting me up, holding me bridal style. I dug my face into his chest. He smelled of cologne and sugar.

"What's going on?" I hear Zach ask.

"HES DEAD! BECAUSE OF ME!" I yell feeling anger, hate, and guilt all towards me.

"Who's dead? Why is it your fault?" Nathan asked.

"Brian, he killed himself because I told him to. It's all my fault! I did this to him! It's my fault!" I said.

The room fell silent and I was too ashamed to look at anyone, I bet I will lose all of my friends because of this.

"Really?" I hear Destiny ask.

"Yes." I said still ashamed, my voice stronger than I expected.

"Whoa." Alex said softly.

"I-I don't know what to say." Sammy said.

"Well that's a first." Sof said, of course she would be the one to lighten the mood. We all smiled and the air became less tense. For a split second you could have thought everything was okay. But happiness doesn't last forever.