Chapter 17-Babysitting

"COMING!" I shouted back as I trotted through the hall and down the stairs. I walked through another hall and into the living room. Emma and my mom were sitting on the couch while Ace had his back to me. He was on his knees and bent over. I saw a little girl in front of him, probably about 5.

So this is Mel.

"Pre-dee"she said spotting me and pointing to me. I gave her a small smile and I swear I heard Ace say, 

"Yes, yes she is." I bent down to her height next to Ace and she walked over to me and sat down. 

"I Mel." She said, it was obvious she had a little trouble talking. 

     "I'm Andy." I said. 

"Antee." She said and I laughed a little. 

"Andy." I repeated. 

"Antee." She said again. 

"Just call me A." I said. 

     "A?" She asked. 

     "Yeah."

"Let's eat guys." My mom said standing up and walking to the dining room. We all followed and I helped Mel into a seat next to me. She was too short to see over the table. 

"Wait here." I said as I ran to the basement. I grabbed a little booster seat and went back upstairs. "Here." I said setting Mel into the booster seat. She was able to see over the table now and I sat down next to her. "What do you want?" I asked. She pointed towards some fries. 

     "Fwy!" She said bouncing up and down. 

"Is that okay Emma?" I asked.

      "Yeah that's okay. Also give her some spaghetti but don't give her any sauce on it." She said smiling. 

     "Okay." I said as I put some fries and noodles on a plastic plate and gave it to her. I put some spaghetti and fries on my plate too because that sounded pretty good and started eating.

"Oh! Um, Andy?" Emma asked making me look up from my food and look at her. I swallowed the fry I was chewing and answered. 

     "Yes!" 

"Do you think you could babysit Mel tomorrow with Ace? I don't exactly trust him." She whispered the last part but he still heard. 

"Hey!" He protested. 

     "Sure. How long?" I asked.

      "From noon to 5." She said. 

     "Yeah!" I said turning to Mel. 

"You get to spend 5 hours with me tomorrow." I said. 

"Yay!" She said bouncing up and down again.

<.>

The Cadman's were leaving now, 

"bye bye A!" I hear Mel say. 

     "Bye Mel!" I say back as I run up the stairs. I change into black shorts and a loose white tank top. I crawl into bed and fall asleep thinking of all the possible things that could happen tomorrow.

<.>

"ANDY WAKE UP!" I hear my mom yell. 

     "I'm up! I'm up!" I yell back. 

     "Get ready! One hour tell you go help Ace babysit Mel!" She yells.

I forgot Ace was going to be there. Ew...