Chapter 19-more about Alex

WARNING THIS COULD BE A TRIGGER CHAPTER! DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED EASILY! YOUVE BEEN WARNED!

I opened my door and walked in, Sof walked in behind me while Jason waited in the hall.

"Hey guys, I have a surprise." I said.                       

     "What is it?" They asked, everyone confused.

     "Come on in Jason!" I yelled and the Destiny's smile went from ear to ear. He walked in and shyly the waved at everyone.

I walked over and sat on Ace's lap while Sof did the same but to Nathan. Sammy was already on Zach's lap. Destiny stood up and walked over to Jason.

"Hi, I'm Destiny." She said sticking her hand out for him to shake.

"Jason." He said shaking her hand. She went and sat back down on the floor while he stood there awkwardly.

"Jason! Sit over here." I said and patted the spot next to me.

We were all talking and laughing when Alex got a phone call.

"Hello." She said. She did a little eye roll and showed me the caller ID. It read, 'Ex 🖕💔'

"Put it on speaker phone." I mouthed to her. She nodded and pressed the button, his voice boomed through the room.

"Hi, I just wanted to apologize again. I know I messed up but will you please take me back?" He asked his voice strong. I took the phone from Alex and took off the filter to my mouth.

"You know what Brian? You should stop calling, she broke up with you for a reason. Stop being an asshole and get on with life. You almost killed my best friend! You sent her into a state of depression! Move on with life and get over it!" I spat. I instantly regretted saying that and my blood stopped cold when I heard his answer.

"I deserve what she had." He said coldly and with that he hung up.

I cried. I don't want anyone's death to be because of me, never! I didn't mean it I was just mad and when I'm mad I say things I don't mean. He said he wanted her depression, her suicidal thoughts, emotions.

So about a year ago Alex went over to Brian's house and found him in his bedroom banging another girl. He was completely sober and everything. She later broke up with him and he has been trying to get her back ever since, then about 9 months ago they got back together and he banged the same girl again while completely sober! Again! He hasn't stopped calling since. After that Alex didn't think she was good enough, she went into a state of depression.

She wouldn't eat, drink, talk, sleep, anything. She just sat in her room, cutting.

I still remember it like it happened yesterday.

I walked down her hallway and into her room. There was blood all over her bed. Knives, razors, safety pins, even a few lighters. I ran over to her almost lifeless body. She had cuts, scars, burns, scabs, bruises, and worst of all she wasn't moving. I checked her pulse and it was barely there. She was surrounded by blood. Since she was so thin because she wasn't eating I scooped her up in my arms and took her to the hospital immediately, I took her to the emergency room and all the girls were there in 5 minutes flat.

We are like one big family, but an even stronger bond. She was in a coma for about 2 and a half weeks, when she recovered she went to therapy for a few months and she still does once a month. She is still depressed, I can see it in her eyes, but she is better. No self-harming, no eating disorders. Just a normal girl with some twisted thoughts.

A pair of arms wrapped around me from behind and I was pulled away from my thoughts. I noticed I was crying, I wiped my eyes quickly and looked up at the person holding me. It was Ace, of course.

"It's okay." He said softly.

"No it's not! You don't know what happened!" I said yelling and jumping up. I ran to the bathroom and locked me in there. I sat on the edge of toilet lid. I cried into my hands and was enveloped into my thoughts again.

The worst part about her being depressed was he never cared, he never visited her at her house, he never visited her at the hospital, he still hasn't confronted her about it. And trust me he knows.

I made sure of that, broke his nose and arm when he said he didn't care she was in the hospital because of him. I laughed silently at the memory of his face when I broke his bones. You know what they say, 'Don't break anyone's heart, they only have 1 of those, break someone's bones, they have 206 of those.'

I stood up and looked in the mirror. I cleaned off my face and finally walked out of the bathroom. Everyone looked at me and I took a deep breath in.

"I'm okay now." I said softly. Ace held his hand out for me to take, I slid my hand into his and he sat me down on his lap.

"It's okay Andy. I'm okay now." Alex said setting her hand on my knee. I looked deep in her eyes, past the walls she has built to make her look happy, she still looked broken. He broke her, so I will break him.

"No your not, your still broken. Don't lie to me." I said softly, nicely. Her head dropped and she ran her fingers through her hair.

"I will be okay." She said with a small natural smile.

   "Okay." I said.

The rest of the night we spent talking crap about the other kids at our school. It's weird how much Ace knows about kids at our school. I guess he did date the queen b, she must talk about everyone. It was fun watching and listening to the boys talk about gossip, almost like they were a girl.

Jason left at about 4 am when we all went to sleep. I fell asleep thinking about how easy it is to hide so many emotions behind a smile.