Chapter 6 - The Nightmare

*Laura's P.O.V*

We all hung out on the couch until we got tired.

We all went to our bedrooms.

I followed Jeff to his bedroom, and layed in my sleeping bag.

"I-is it uncomfortable down on the floor?" He asked.

"No. Well... Sort of." I said.

"You can sleep in my bed if you want. I can sleep on the floor." He suggested

"No! It's your room, you should get the bed." I protested.

"Fine. Be uncomfortable. I'll just stay here in my soft, comfortable, bed." He said.

He was trying to persuade me to sleep in his bed, and it wasn't working.

"It's not gonna work. I'm staying on the floor." I said.

"Fine. Suit yourself." He sighed, chuckling.

"Goodnight Jeff" I sighed.

"Goodnight Laura." He said.

I soon fell asleep and had a terrible dream. In my dream, I had woken up, and they were all gone. The only one there was Jane. She was laughing hysterically.

*DREAM*

"Look's like they abandoned you. I told you they wouldn't protect you." Jane said. She was still laughing hysterically

"What have you done?" I asked 

"I didn't do anything sugar. They ran off. They left you." She said. For some reason, she was still laughing hysterically

"Jane. I know you did something to them" I shouted

"I swear. I didn't do anything. They left you." She said

I walked to the window, and saw them walking away. Jeff was lingering behind a bit, as if he was having second thoughts, but then he rejoined the group.

"I told you they were nothing but phonies. They left you already"  By that point she stopped laughing

"You caused this! You caused them to leave!" I shouted

"Forget about them. I have something more important to you." Jane said

"What?!" I asked

"Your mother!" Jane shouted

"She's alive?!" I asked

"No. But her spirit still lives." Jane said

"You're a liar" I sighed

"I assure you, I'm not lying. I know everything that you want to know about your mother" She said.

"Where do you keep her spirit then?" I asked

"I keep it in this necklace." Jane said, handing me a little necklace. It was a purple stone with white swirls in it.

"See those white swirls? That's your mother's spirit" Jane said.

I handed the necklace back to her.

"I don't believe you!" I shouted.

Then, Jane chuckled.

"Suit yourself." She said, as she threw the necklace at the ground, and it shattered into bits.

I heard a small voice say

"Why Laura, why?" As the necklace broke. 

Maybe it really was my mother.

At that moment I woke up. My heart was beating fast.

"Is everything all right?" Jeff asked.

"Yeah. Just a nightmare. That's all." I said.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jeff asked.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." I said, as I tried to fall back to sleep

I had a lot of trouble falling asleep. I couldn't stop thinking. Did Jane really know anything about my mother? Did she really have my mother's spirit in a necklace? 

She couldn't...

Could she?

I don't know anymore. This whole situation is confusing me more than anything. 

After a few hours of thinking, I fell asleep. It was almost light outside by that time. 

I woke up a few hours later, and Jeff was still asleep. I smelled food. That means the others are awake. Should I wake him? 

Nah, I'll just let him sleep. He looks so cute when he's sleeping.

I decided to go downstairs. Everyone else was at the table eating.

I sat down at one of the 2 empty chairs.

"Where's Jeff?" They asked me.

"He's still sleeping." I said.

"He must have been up late last night. He probably went out killing." Slenderman sighed.

I have to admit. The thought of him going out every night and  killing made me feel a bit uneasy, but it's what he does I guess.

After all, his name is "Jeff the killer"

And I'm sure I'll grow to accept a murder boyfriend later.

If he ever becomes my boyfriend.

I looked down at my breakfast. It was ham.

"Yum. Ham. My favorite!!" I smiled

"This is ham, not kidneys, right Jack" I asked, looking at Jack and laughing

"Yeah yeah yeah. That joke is so old" Jack sighed, chuckling under his breath

The other people at the table were laughing at my joke.

Pretty soon, Jeff came down the stairs. His hoodie had more blood on it than usual.

"How did the killing go last night, Jeff?" Ben asked.

"Good." Jeff smiled, sitting down and eating his breakfast.

I finished eating my breakfast quickly, even though most of the people at the table were already done. I put my plate in the sink and walked into the living room.

Ben, Jack, Masky, Hoody and Slenderman were already out there. Pretty soon the others came out too, and we all sat down.

I couldn't help but think about that nightmare.

Did Jane really have the answers about my mother?

Did Jane really have my mother's soul on a necklace?

Would the others really leave me like that?

No. This all couldn't be true. 

Could it...?

*Author's note*

Hey! Sorry that was kind of a confusing chapter. It took me a while to write. But, I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Vote and leave a comment if you liked it! <3

Thanks for reading!

~Lover_girl22

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3