Chapter 20 - The Sacrifice

I walked out of Slenderman's office and flopped onto the couch. This was a lot of news for me to handle. 

I looked at the birthmark on my arm. It was fading by the second. 

I began to panic. I frantically got up and rushed up the stairs to see if Daniel was still there.

He was barely there. What I saw laying there was a fading image. If I touched him, my hand went right through him.

I started frantically crying now. I was losing contact with the human world.

I layed there, next to Daniel's fading body.

Suddenly, just as Daniel's body faded completely, I passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up a few hours later with a splitting headache.

"Where am I?" I asked, hoping someone was around to hear me.

When my eyes adjusted, I realized I was in the living room of the mansion, laying on the floor. I heard faint laughter of a few women.

I sat up, scanning around the room, until my eyes met the couch. On the couch I saw Jane sitting with a woman. 

I stopped for a moment to let my eyes adjust a bit more.

No. It couldn't be.

That woman was my mother.

"M-Mother?" I asked.

"Yes dear." She said, standing up and walking towards me.

I blinked, and the image of my mother faded.

"Laura, please have a seat. I'm not going to hurt you. I'd like to discuss a few things with you before we get down to the whole 'reincarnation' business." She smiled, patting the spot next to her.

I want to say no. I wanted to run away, but it's like something was forcing me to sit down. I needed answers.

"Laura, I understand that you seem to be losing your human contact abilitiles, right?" She asked.

I nodded.

"I'm sure Slenderman explained most of it. Spirit stones, death. Blah blah blah." She sighed.

I nodded again, being unable to form words.

"Now, I'm sure you think you're going to fight me, win the fight, get the spirit stone and begin living a normal life again, right?" She asked.

I shrugged, sort of unsure about my exact plan.

"Well, here's the thing. I can't just completely reincarnate your mother. I need something from you first." She smirked.

"What do you need?" I asked.

"Hmmm..." She said, tapping her chin and pretending to think.

She then said the name I never wanted her to say.

"Daniel."

"No! You can't hurt him!" I protested.

I can't reincarnate your mother without the blood of a pure human. You, my precious child, are not a pure human. Therefore, I cannot use your blood. Daniel, however is a pure human. His blood will work just fine." She smiled.

"But he won't die, right? How much blood do you need?" I asked.

"All of it." 

"No. I can't do this." I whispered, tears falling freely down my cheeks.

"You see, I can only make your mother's spirit live. If you want her to have a body, she's going to need blood. The creepypasta is already part of her spirit, so, unless you want her to be a pure creepypasta, I suggest you give me the blood." Jane explained.