Chapter 15 - Broken Family

*Laura's P.O.V*

I started to walk up the stairs. The stairs felt endless. I thought I'd never make it to the top. The room felt like it was spinning. I slept in the guest bedroom instead of Sally's room tonight because it was closer. I didn't want to walk any farther because I could barely stand up. When I finally made it to the guest bedroom, I fell right to sleep. Maybe whatever Jane used to drug me was still in my system. Oh well. I guess I'm going to bed early

*~Later that night~*

I was woken up by a cold breeze blowing into my room. I pulled the blanket up higher but I was still shivering. Something's going on here. I opened my eyes and I couldn't see anyone, but I felt like I was being watched.

"Laura." I heard a faint voice whisper.

It didn't sound like Jane or Sally, and those were the only ladies that could possibly be in my room.

Maybe those drugs that Jane used are making me hear things.

"Laura come home. I miss you. Why did you leave me, baby?" The woman's voice said.

Suddenly I realized.

"Mother?" I whispered.

"Why did you have to leave me, baby?" She asked

"I-I had to." I replied.

"Why Laura, why?" She cried.

"B-because." I said.

I could finally see her. She looked like I remembered her, but older.

She fell to her knees sobbing.

"Why Laura, why?" She said one more time before she disappeared.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I woke up in a cold sweat. Good. It was just a dream.

The truth is, I left my mother because she had a big drinking problem. She was an amazing woman until the alcohol came out.

When she was drunk, it took the pain away. It gave her a chance to finally live life without that pain that was always inside of her, eating away at her soul until there's nothing left. The alcohol stopped that pain from tearing through her soul for a temporary amount of time.

The only problem was that being drunk just made her go insane. She barely remembered me and she'd treat me and my little brother like strangers.

Tears started to brim my eyes when I thought about all of this.

Even though my mother was insane, she was my mother and I'd do anything to have her alive again. I'd sacrifice myself if it meant she could live again.

I'd also do anything to speak to my little brother again.

Dylan's probably living the high life. I hope he's happy. He deserves a good life. He's been through a lot and I was never there for him. Even though he was only two years younger than me, I should have been a better older sister. I should have been there for him when he needed me. I was a terrible sister and mom wasn't a great mother. Dylan had no one to lean on. No one to protect him. I feel so bad.

When I was sixteen and he was fourteen we got in a huge fight and stopped speaking to each other. That's when I got my plans to move out. I moved out when I was seventeen and Dylan had to stay with mom. I was a terrible sister. I should have never left him alone with mom, especially since her drinking problem was getting worse by that point. Poor Dylan.

My eyes were filling with tears. I'd never see my family again.

Mom's dead and Dylan hates me.

I'm just a loser anyways.

*Author's note*

Yeah. Sorry it's short, but this chapter meant a lot to me. I grew up in a broken family too. My broken family was a lot different than Laura's though. My broken family involved my mom and dad divorcing and my brothers hating my mother for cheating on my father ._. So yeah. cx Just thought I'd tell you a little bit about me okay? Yeah. Bye. xx