Chapter 18 - All Wounds Can Be Healed

"What the fuck is going on here?" I shouted glaring at Jeff.

I clenched my hands into fists, avoiding the urge to start beating Jeff up. I figure he'd win in a fight anyways. It probably was not the best idea.

I ground my teeth and kept my fists clenched.

I saw Daniel lying on the floor. He appeared to be unconscious and he still looked badly wounded.

"Why Jeff? Why the fuck would you do this? I loved him. He's the only normal person who cares about me." I said, my anger suddenly turning to fear and sadness as I burst into tears.

What if Daniel doesn't wake up? What if he's dead? What if Jeff's gone even more mad? What if he tries to kill me next?

I jumped down onto the floor, curling myself into a ball next to Daniel's unconscious body. I was hugging my knees and hiding my face while I sobbed with absolute fear, sadness and anger.

I reached out my hand and rubbed it up and down Daniel's arms. I moved my other arm to see if he was breathing. He was still breathing, but it was slow breathing. It felt like he was struggling to get every breath out. Soon, he may stop breathing.

"I can't believe I ever trusted you, Jeff." I said, as I curled up next to Daniel's unconscious body.

"Laura, you don't understand. I didn't bring him here to hurt him." Jeff sighed.

I looked up at him, glaring.

"If you didn't bring him here to hurt him, why the fuck is he here?" I shouted.

"I brought him in here because I wanted to help him. I heard Slenderman not letting you keep him here, and I felt bad about what I did so I figured I'd bring him here." He said.

Guilt washed over me. He was trying to help and I yelled at him. I felt terrible.

I got up and sat on his bed next to him.

"Now that you got him in here, do you expect Slenderman to heal him? He'd kill us if he saw him in here." I sighed.

"I don't know how we're going to heal him without Slenderman, but we will. It's still better for him to be here than out there freezing to death." Jeff said.

I smiled at Jeff. He cared about Daniel.

"I only have one question..." I said quietly.

"What?" Jeff sighed.

"Why is he unconscious?" I asked.

"I found him that way. When you were talking to Slenderman, I went outside and he was unconscious. I decided not to wake him up, since we'd probably all scare him anyway." Jeff sighed.

"What if one of the others walk in and tell Slenderman?" I asked, slightly panicked.

"Did I ever tell you that you're adorable when you panic over small things?" He asked, before leaning in to kiss me.

Just like that, it was the first time I've kissed Jeff in a long time. It felt magical. It felt like I was returning home after being gone for years. It felt perfect.

He pulled away and I smiled at him.

"I love you." I said.

"B-but don't you love Daniel?" He asked.

I thought for a moment. It was true. I did love Daniel. I also loved Jeff though. Thinking about it gave me a headache. I didn't know who I loved more and it was going to be impossible to choose. They both mean the world to me.

I realized I was zoning out when Jeff snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"What? Huh? Oh... hi." I sighed.

"So... you still love Daniel, huh?" He sighed, looking down at the ground. I could see him starting to get angry.

He could tell what I was thinking and, unlike Slenderman, he couldn't even read my mind. Wow, I'm like an open book.

"Well... I love you both. Jeff, you've got to understand. Daniel was the one who cared about me when nobody else did. He helped me stay alive. I can't just stop loving him." I sighed.

"It's okay. I understand. We'll just take it slow until you decide who you want." Jeff said. He didn't sound angry anymore.

"Thank you." I smiled, hugging him tightly.

After we pulled away from the hug, I got back onto the floor next to Daniel.

I sighed, placing my hands on one of his deepest wounds.

"Please feel better soon." I whispered, lightly rubbing my hand over the wound.

I lifted my hand off of his body and noticed that the wound was gone.

"Um... Jeff. Can I ask you a question?" I said.

He stopped concentrating on his wall, and looked down at me.

"What?" He sighed.

"Why did Daniel's wound just disappear?" I asked, confused.

"What?!" Jeff asked.

"I put my hands on Daniel's wound, and it disappeared!" I shouted, panicking again.

Jeff's eyes widened at he looked at me in shock.

"Come on. We're gonna go talk to Slenderman." Jeff said, grabbing my arm and pulling me up.

"About Daniel?" I asked.

"Nope. About you." Jeff said.

I followed after him, although I was very confused. What's going on?